Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help,
Im trying to locate my Glass Breakage Sensor and I cannot find that
sh!t... What part number is it for the 04 double cab prerunner....
I bought # 08192-3T820
Ive seen others like # 08192-00970 and 08586-04820
Did i buy the correct number or What?

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,086 Posts
According to the CT Tech Article on the GBS mod:

Part Number for 04 PreRunner =

08192-00970

... per Dan H

The article also demonstrates there have been / may be multiple variations on the mounting and maybe the GBS itself.

The article clearly states that part number 08192-3T820 is the LED light unit, not the GBS.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Okay here is the answer...sort of.

Part number 08192-3T820 looks exactly like Part number 08586-04820 except for the following things:

1) "TOYOTA" & "SECURITY" are written vertical on each side of the 3T820 rather then written horizontal on the 04820.
2) On the rear of the 3T820 there are two connectors (glass/led). The 04820 has one connector for both.
3) This is the big one...the 3T820 costs roughly $20, but the 08586-04820 part number brings up "Security System Model RS3200 Plus" and costs $150.
4) As far as I can tell the 08192-3T820 will not work in the 2004 (I bought it and it has two seperate female connector ends while the truck is wired with one female) (obviously, there should be a male and a female) ...(in a perfect world).

I guess "us 2004 owners" will have to live without this piece of the alarm...or shell out $150 for this thing. -Later

·
Registered
60 Posts
The question I can not get a definative answer on is;

Is the 08192-00970 the GBS/LED for an 04 tacoma? There seems to be some cross over on parts, the dealre has no idea...

I am about to shell out the 150, but it sure looks like they are sticking it to me...like 20 for the part and 130 for directions which I dont need!!!

If anyone has an 04 and has installed a GBS/LED, what was the part number? Huge thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have Toyota part # 08192-3T820 you can see a picture of it here: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/577131/4 it's the vertical not horizontal w/ two connectors vs one. My truck had the single connector so i just spliced it in. the tech article has the wire designation for what's what as far as led and sensor are concerned. i'm a wiring idiot and i did it, so no big deal. i spent the 23 dollars w/ tax and i have a perfectly working alarm now. take that for what it's and good luck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think part of the issue is that on my 04 that spot is used by the locking differential button, so there is no spot for it there. It needs to be the horizontal version. Oh well, looks like its $150.

Overall, do you like the indicator and GBS? Think its a worthy addition?

·
Registered
28 Posts
You still have 2 open spots at the bottom of your center console, right? If you don't have a problem with toyota and security being sideways it'll still work, all of those open bays are the same and you save $130. I like having it, the only problem is that if it's ever set off and i'm not around to hear it, does it shut off or run the battery down. I don't know, but I'm keeping it anyway.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I could not live with the writing with the wrong orientation, I am anal like that i suppose.

I bought the kit 08586-04820 off ebay for $85 shipped. That way I could be assured it was the sensor, status indicator, and had the correct connector all in one. As an added bonus, I get window stickers too...yeah.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I could not live with the writing with the wrong orientation, I am anal like that i suppose.

I bought the kit 08586-04820 off ebay for $85 shipped. That way I could be assured it was the sensor, status indicator, and had the correct connector all in one. As an added bonus, I get window stickers too...yeah.
I can’t not find this same thing that you baught on eBay and I need the same thing that you baught is their any way you can help me please in locating this same part

1 - 14 of 14 Posts