Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

gauge cluster!

739 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Enola Gaia
anyone know if there are any swapable clusters to a 95 without having to do much custom work? any feedback would be appreciated.. thanks
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
You mean OEM clusters from other (non-Taco) vehicles that can be transplanted? Or ... ??? :shrug:

You can transplant any 1995.5 - 1997 Tacoma cluster into your 1995.5 Taco if it comes from a donor Taco with the same number of cylinders. If yours has the column auto shifter, you'd need to find a cluster from a donor with a column shifter to keep the gear indicators (embedded within the cluster).

To try and transplant anything from later than 1997 you'd be looking at a cable-to-electronic conversion to handle the later speedometer and / or tachometer.
You mean OEM clusters from other (non-Taco) vehicles that can be transplanted? Or ... ??? :shrug:

You can transplant any 1995.5 - 1997 Tacoma cluster into your 1995.5 Taco if it comes from a donor Taco with the same number of cylinders. If yours has the column auto shifter, you'd need to find a cluster from a donor with a column shifter to keep the gear indicators (embedded within the cluster).

To try and transplant anything from later than 1997 you'd be looking at a cable-to-electronic conversion to handle the later speedometer and / or tachometer.
i got 5spd 5vz but like i want anything other than the solo speedo i got now like theres gotta be something out there.. how technical is the cable to electronic conversion be?
You should be able to transplant a 1995.5 - 1997 5VZ V6 cluster (with tach) into your Taco pretty much 'as is'.

If all you want is to add a tach, it could be cheaper to simply install an aftermarket one.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.