Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

FYI: Metal XC Window Hinges Available ('95.5-'04 XtraCabs)

37K views 101 replies 27 participants last post by  garetcurry 
#1 ·
FYI:

The clamps / latches / hinges / whatever on the 1995.5 - 2004 XtraCab rear / quarter windows are notorious for failing.

Here's an alternative approach ... Replace the dinky plastic hinges with custom metal ones and solve it once and for all ....

http://www.jsimotorsports.com/index.php?A=products&D=parts

Attachments

See less See more
#97 ·
I bought a pair of these for my '04 ext cab Taco around 6 months ago I think. I just got around to installing them.
Once I got them installed, they work great. I have one minor comment about them though.
The re-installation of the factory pin between the glass and hinge went fine. The pin from the truck to the hinge was a different story though. Once I got the pin out, I really had to beat HARD on the pin to get it back in place. It got to the point where I'd accepted that I was likely going to bust the glass out. I was using a Stanley Anti-Vibe hammer to drive the pin back and had to really pound on it. The pin finally went in place, but.....I'm thinking the replacement hinge could use a few less molecules in the shaft. Just my two cents....
Now they're rock solid though and wont have to worry about them again. Thanks for putting these out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.