Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
so there is a slight possibility of year uninterchangability.. :thinking:
Def. Almost like they're a hair too long. I tried every which way to close it. At one point I was pushing so hard on the outside of the glass I thought my hand would go right through.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I've got two sets Chirs; one definitely won't work in my '98. If you want to try them in yours lemme know, as it looks like we're going to get stuck with these... I'll send you a pair..

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got two sets Chirs; one definitely won't work in my '98. If you want to try them in yours lemme know, as it looks like we're going to get stuck with these... I'll send you a pair..
Hi mlf1--re the other set you ordered. Was it for another vehicle and did they work?

Sandy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Def. Almost like they're a hair too long. I tried every which way to close it. At one point I was pushing so hard on the outside of the glass I thought my hand would go right through.
Hi voodootrip--"Almost like they're a hair too long."--

FWIW-Josh had me e-mail him some pics so he could sort of see what I meant by wouldn't "click and lock." That's when he said he would try a slight modification and send me a new set. From my understanding what you are thinking is what he was thinking. As I said previously, this is the modified pair he was supposed to mail me 3/23, but I haven't received anything yet.

Sandy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hmm.. Well keep me posted if you get a hold of him. I am going to try calling him on Monday and shoot him an e-mail. Thanks Sandy
Yo voodootrip--update, fwiw. On Monday I sent an e-mail requesting Josh to just send me my plastic hinge back. After seeing how Josh's hinges wouldn't work for you and yet for mlf1 they worked fine, and you both have the same yr and model truck I was done messing around with them. With the instructions provided by Enola and the directions in the tech help section on how to take the back seat apart for speakers I figure I can just buy the "latch assembly" for the window where the plastic hinge broke. I read here somewhere it was around $35 or so and install it myself, which is a far cry from the $242 the dealer wanted to install. And I will just put the other unbroken plastic hinge back on. In my e-mail I also included a link to this thread and mentioned that I was now not the only one having problems. and how two identical vehicles where one worked fine and in the other vehicle they didn't. The next day, Tuesday, I got an e-mail saying he had just mailed me a new modified set to try. I got them today. I won't be able to ck them out till Saturday unfortunately. Will keep you informed.

Hopefully, you were able to contact Josh also.

Regards,

Sandy

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Yo voodootrip--update, fwiw. On Monday I sent an e-mail requesting Josh to just send me my plastic hinge back. After seeing how Josh's hinges wouldn't work for you and yet for mlf1 they worked fine, and you both have the same yr and model truck I was done messing around with them. With the instructions provided by Enola and the directions in the tech help section on how to take the back seat apart for speakers I figure I can just buy the "latch assembly" for the window where the plastic hinge broke. I read here somewhere it was around $35 or so and install it myself, which is a far cry from the $242 the dealer wanted to install. And I will just put the other unbroken plastic hinge back on. In my e-mail I also included a link to this thread and mentioned that I was now not the only one having problems. and how two identical vehicles where one worked fine and in the other vehicle they didn't. The next day, Tuesday, I got an e-mail saying he had just mailed me a new modified set to try. I got them today. I won't be able to ck them out till Saturday unfortunately. Will keep you informed.

Hopefully, you were able to contact Josh also.

Regards,

Sandy
Thamks Sandy :waytogo: I sent him a PM awhile back. hopefully he hit's me up soon. I'll try and get a hold of him again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2nd set of hinges didn't work either

So I am off to the "stealership" to order the whole banana--"right rear handle assembly." :cry:

At least, thanks to CT, I can install it with some help from a friend. As an aside, how do you big guys move around back there? rofl Granted, I'm a 60 yr old gal (don't spread it around or the curse will get you) but I am only 5'5"and not heavy, and I found manuevering around the extra cab quite a challenge. Admittedly the aftermarket Alpine CD player sticking out from under the passenger front seat cuts into places for me to put my feet. :D

Regards,

Sandy

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
Re: 2nd set of hinges didn't work either

So I am off to the "stealership" to order the whole banana--"right rear handle assembly." :cry:

At least, thanks to CT, I can install it with some help from a friend. As an aside, how do you big guys move around back there? rofl Granted, I'm a 60 yr old gal (don't spread it around or the curse will get you) but I am only 5'5"and not heavy, and I found manuevering around the extra cab quite a challenge. Admittedly the aftermarket Alpine CD player sticking out from under the passenger front seat cuts into places for me to put my feet. :D

Regards,

Sandy
In Japan these trucks are considered mini vans.. :waytogo: :evil:

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts
x-cab back seats are for holding kids, or subs...that's about all they are good for (and keeping your head more than 3" away from the rear glass while driving...i hate reg cab minis for that one reason)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Im sorry these are not working for you. Sandy was kind enough to send me her stock plastic piece so I could measure it and they are exactly the same as my pieces. Im really at a loss as to why these are not working. And without having the vehice in front of me I cant really diagnosis the problem. Thanks again for your time Sandy. If anyone has a problem, send them back and I will issue a full refund.

Thank You,
Josh Sims

41 - 60 of 102 Posts