Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: Hi--appreciate some help here

how about doing a group buy for the hinges im sure a lot of people would get in on it
I did a group buy on tundra solutions, they were $44 a pair before, and I just kept them at the GB price of $30 with free shipping and I pay the sales tax. Quite a deal IMO compared to the other option of dealer price and still stuck with plastic that WILL break.

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts

I'll definatly hit you up on my next payday! :)

our savier.. :clapping:

I talked about this same exact thing back in 2007 and
how it would be great to have these vs. the plastic.. :waytogo:

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts

once i get a job again i will have to get a set. i had to cut mine to break into my truck when i locked the keys in

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Hey Josh,

Got both sets, thanks!

I pulled the hinges outa my '98 and went to install yours, but yours are thicker then mine are; do I need to mod my latches to fit your hinges.. I did not measure them with calipers, but you can see they're quite a bit thicker...

Let me know when you can, thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Right now I put mine in and they do not click shut.. thought at first it was because the plastic wasn't allowing it so I shaved it. That didn't work.. :thinking:
Hi voodootrip--sorry to hear you are apparently having the same problem I am having. :cry: OTOH, apparently the problem is not unique to me or my taco. Josh was supposed to send me some sort of modified pair on Monday 3/23, but I haven't received anything yet. If I don't receive anything by next Monday I am going to call again. I am about ready to give up on these.

Regards,

Sandy

21 - 40 of 102 Posts