Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
[I have no idea where to put this thread]

Hey guys, well I was looking for an air mattress to put in the bed of my '07 Taco, and after much searching it seemed no one really was using just a regular air mattress (for going to drive ins, or lounging at the park). After a quick trip to Target, I picked up both a Twin-size and a Full-size (also called a Double) air mattress, along with a 120V electric air pump. Having a plugin in the bed of the truck is very handy, so I unrolled the twin mattress and inflated it. There was lots of room between the mattress and the wheel wells so I used the 'deflate' setting on the air pump and sucked all the air back out of the mattress. Next up, the Full (Double) air mattress. It looked like it was going to be a snug fit as I layed it, and after airing it up I decided it was a perfect fit. Have a look at the pictures for the exact air mattress and air pump I bought, as well as how the air mattress fits in the bed, and a great place to store it.

Coleman Double air mattress:

Coleman air pump:

Air mattress all aired up in the bed (snug fit, but very comfy):

Storing the rolled up air mattress (pictured is the twin mattress, but the double also fits):

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,370 Posts
Yea,

I actually used my queen air matress last time I went camping. It is too wide so I just propped one side up on the wheel well.

I slept well enough after passing out on it.

I am going to pick up a full though, as I want to get one of those tents that covers the back of the truck, and the full would be perfect for that.

Sweet!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I figured id contribute to this thread since there isnt any info for putting air mattresses in a first generation Tacoma.

Well today for Christmas I got an air mattress and a pump thats good for pumping up the air mattress, tires, and sport balls, Its a cool all around gadget. The air compressor simply plugs into the cigarette lighter and has a long cord. The cord is long enough to reach the rear tires if i need to put air into them. The air mattress fits perfectcly within the wheel wells and is quite comfortable. Here are the pics of the products.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts