Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a Tacoma race truck from a 96 toy I bought for a grand ....(it was wrecked). I have decided I would like to run in the all motor class and Take out my Honda buddies .

I know how a pressure regulator works on a turbo systems , yet I have been told by my all motor buddies to put one on the new taco......

For you that are wondering , I have a 2.7l motor and extruda Hone head/on top of the srp pistons with 10:1 compres. wrapped total seal rings . For the fuel system I have elected to go with e.l prototypes comp upgrade and apex management, also RC injectors, now I have to decide what pump filter and regulator to go with . You guys have any suggestions ?
For the rest I will be putting on a set of ray engineering 15s in the rear with some racing tires (not sure what) and rays ultra light 17x5 in the front with a light set of tires .The truck will be lowered with Bilstiens and djm 3/3 drop to offset the big tires in the back to have a aggressive look. The drive shaft is custom, from a drive shaft company I have hookups with . As far as the diffi, I will be putting 4:10 lsd sys from e.l. ....LC will be providing the Fly wheel , clutch(racing) adjustable cam gears w/ el wild grind cams
short shifter, electric fan. CR racing is going to produce a alum. Radiator from the factory specs. I am waiting for the unorthadox pulleys for that set of issues , I cant decide weather or not to go with LC or EL for the throttle Body, any one have a suggestion?
Brakes are coming from LC (custom) I am putting a set of Porsche calipers on the front and to convert the back if possible to calipers (I have to chat with el). For the Exterior and Interior I will be removing all stock Interior and replacing it with new paint and son cosmetic upgrades. I will have the 7al msd and coils in the cab then I will be making a alum. dash with all gauges and apex meters and controllers. I will be also adding a custom steering column to the mix with a momo wheel . A sparco seat will be added as the bench is removed . I have yet to decide weather or not to go with tab plex glass or the oem racing replacement . For the exterior I will be removing the oem Hood to add a carbon fiber hood. In the rear you will see a duel exhaust connected to a LC header , high flow cat(create good backpressure). I am going to have Two fire balls coming from the 2 3/4 pipe to the back where the stock bumper was . I will be removing the heavy tailgate and installing a flush(hard) cover. the Front of the truck will remain, for the most part stock. I will be adding a 3 1/2 intake to fit in the old head light , That will be removed . I am going to paint the truck a light tan and white fade with a bunch of black racing decals.

That is the news for now, I am still in the process of building my bank book with a full time job and a part time job....have to pay the mortgage! Well please give all the input you can, I will have pics and updates periodically. I will have a large decal on the truck from Customtaco.com (if I can find on e or have it made) so all of you will know when I have beaten all the all motor Hondas, who I represent

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, due to the serious convertions and the fact that i have a tacoma with a turbo and nitros (street driven). I think it will stay on the track. I will use my other taco to tow it .

G

·
damn....
as far a fuel reg.'s i would go with Aeromotive FPR with a is about top-of the line, and a Aeromovtive fuel pump, kinda noisy and pricey but worth it, if not pick up a supra fuel pump.

ever considered doing a individual throttle body setup ? works great with all-motor apps. and on the rims, did you get the volk te-37's ? and you think you could make me a custom drive shaft ?

personally, a 12 second time slip is in the near future.... and
i'm going to turn my 89' toy p/u into a drag thing too, drop in a 2jz-gte or something good and hopefully run good.

good luck on beating the all-motor honda's, way too much aftermarket !!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as the drive shaft , i would have to ask my buddy that s has a friend that owns the drive shaft shop here in az. I know i can beat the hondas it is about the motor and wieght

1 - 7 of 7 Posts