Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
il padrino
5,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving from California to Kentucky in about three weeks. Here in CA they have downgraded to 91 octane, which I hate to run having the TRD blower. I had heard that out east the octane is still higer 98+. I was wondering if this was true and about how much per gallon the higher octane runs?

D

·
0 Posts
Here in Metropolis, NC, premium is 93 at best. Some places sell 92 as premium. When I see the smaller number on the pump, I keep cruisin' and look elsewhere.

Rad

·
il padrino
5,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it's nice to know that everyone didn't get screwed by the gas companies. I'm looking forward to running on the good stuff.

·
Registered
282 Posts
92 here in Wa, never seen any gas stations higher then that... kinda wack..

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
Have a full tank of 93 sitting in mine right now. Too bad it's probably going to stay there.

·
j-baby
3,644 Posts
next time im in norfolk i will, lol ...im kinda curious how much a gal it is, i know 93 is a $1.20 right now at ammoco,

·
Registered
98 Posts
about a mile from my house in Santa Rosa, Ca. is a place that sells 115 octane for racing. Last time I checked it was 4.50 a gallon.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
what? i can't beleive all of you guys use better fuel than me?
ahhhhhhhh.... i have been using 91 cause it's the highest we have here in phx, AZ... i want 103!!!! i want, i want it, i want it!!!!!!
va burnt taco fed ex me some of that too..... what does it feel like to run on that kind of fuel? ahhh i bet it feels smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth..... that is why my injectors are all messing up.

·
j-baby
3,644 Posts
never ran it in my tacoma, i did in my hig per. mustang when i had it and it helped, i red somewhere like 89 oct is more or less the best for the 2.7l

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Now I know that the gas turbine engines will run on just about anything but I'm not so sure that your 2.7 will run on "jet fuel".

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
dude if a turbine can do it my 2.7 can too..... you should know that kev.. how many toyo's do you have again?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
oops...i mean i use 87...i use only what is said in the manual... i remember from the old site i used to go to.. club4ag.com ...they got a handful of people that do A LOT of engine work like swaps n sh!t (like shoving a 7mg into a ae86)... from them and other sources that usin a higher octane as "better fuel" is a myth... certain octane is made for certain engines... take the 3sg, it needs 92 because of its turbo... high performance... where as the 4age needs 89 but isnt really drilled to put out what the 3sg can do... and both are really good engines (made by toyota of course)... different applications need different things... u dont use an eraser to erase brush strokes... theres no reason to use a higher octane than what is recommended unless you are force induced... u can actually do harm than help like burning a hole through your wallet faster when you could be getting that turbo

1 - 20 of 26 Posts