Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys having a issue here.I replaced the 2.7 in my 98 taco with a jdm engine.everything is working fine except I’m getting a lot of pressure in my gas tank.after a long drive fuel will begin to pour out of my frame coming through the charcoal box.the fuel tank is new so is the charcoal box.not sure what to do here.thanks for any help

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,086 Posts
What JDM engine did you replace your 3RZ with?

Is this new gas tank an OEM replacement or something else? If it's not an OEM clone, what is it?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I thought only 2002 & new Tacoma models had the evap/emissions canister mounted on the frame above the fuel tank.

And the "older" Tacoma models had the evap/emissions canister under the hood?

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,086 Posts
I thought only 2002 & new Tacoma models had the evap/emissions canister mounted on the frame above the fuel tank. ...
The canister mounted back at the fuel tank first appears in the parts listings for the 2001 model year. From 2001 through 2004 that's the only location cited for the canister.

·
Registered
97 2.4l extra cab manual trans #🌮⏳
2,152 Posts
Most vehicles have 2 evap solenoids
Purge valve to control evap flow into the engine to contain the hydrocarbon emissions.
Vent solenoid controls pressure in tank/system.
What year we working with? Have you checked all the vacuum connections per the chart on the routing underhood?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts