Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

i'd like to change the front corner marker lights...they're not blinkers, just parking lights. Right now they're a dull/dim white light. I'd like them to be a nice bright amber color to match the front lower blinkers (which i have wired to remain on when the ignition is on...when i did the DTRL mod)...but i don't know what bulbs to use. I'm afraid if i just go and get a set of amber bulbs that fit, they will also be dull-looking and dim. Maybe amber LEDs? but I sure don't want to mess with all kinds of grounding trouble like I had with the DTRL mod.

Has anyone swapped out the corner marker lights?

Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
I went with "194" size LED 9-SMD amber bulb [USA seller on eBay]

Bright, but not enough to be distracting though... comes on more yellow then amber...

I went with one of those eBay-special "smoked" tint clear-lamps for the lower bumper signals. Since its "aftermarket" lens- It uses a different size bulb then the OE lower lamp.

But I went PUTCO brand 1156 plasma LED bulbs [lower signal lamp]....

.................................................................................................................................

Goes good with the 6000K HIDs in my Tacoma....

·
Registered
561 Posts
The stock corner bulbs are 5W. For incandescent bulbs, the 921 (18W) and 922 (12W), are quite a step up in output. I ran the 921 in my corners for many months. The lens got warm, but not hot. I have some amber LED bulbs in there now ( http://www.vleds.com/6-a.html ) and they are fine, but could be brighter. They aren't nearly as bright as the 921 incandescents.
Matt

·
Registered
165 Posts
do you by chance have any pics of all the lights on? I'd love to see how it looks.

thanks for the info...looking into those
As requested, here are my pics....

Using 194 T10/9-SMD LED....

I used "jdm-bestboy" & "speed_daddy" off of eBay; so far so good with their LEDs

And with my 6000K HIDs on....

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts