Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to see rust on the frame of my 2 year old truck, mostly at the welds. Sure it's only surface rust now, but I don't see why it won't progress.

The dealer says that there is nothing they can do since Toyota does not have a defined repair or a touch up material specified. (The service advisor took a look at his truck after seeing mine, and now has the same concern:surprise.)

Is anyone else having this issue? Any words of advice?

Thanks,
Art

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,592 Posts
Art:

The past frame rust campaigns got underway once Toyota had enough evidence from the field to demonstrate the problem and then issued at least one Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) describing the issue, the inspection procedure, and the approved dealer / shop action to take.

Unfortunately, it's difficult to follow the news on such things because all the chatter and responses occur within Toyota (and its marketing / dealership network).

Your best strategy for the time being would be to keep in touch with the service advisor / dealership to find out if / when any TSB is issued.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am starting to see rust on the frame of my 2 year old truck, mostly at the welds. Sure it's only surface rust now, but I don't see why it won't progress.

The dealer says that there is nothing they can do since Toyota does not have a defined repair or a touch up material specified. (The service advisor took a look at his truck after seeing mine, and now has the same concern:surprise.)

Is anyone else having this issue? Any words of advice?

Thanks,
Art
hAVING THE SAME PROBLEM ON MY 2014

·
Registered
215 Posts
There is a customer support program ZKA being launched for 2011 - 2017 vehicles with rusted frames. as with previous campaigns, there must be perforation of 10mm or larger to qualify for a new frame. Some salt use regions will be coating frames that are not getting replaced.
Details at link below
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/frame-coverage-for-2011.590939/

Hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts