Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well you have come a long way. You have got lots of the detail stuff down. I like the red conduit. I have that on my Mustang. Three years no Fading. My Tacoma has blue conduit. I like color , and its all faded. Tomorrow Im moving my trucks bed so I can get at the fuel tank. Getting back into my truck. Re doing lots of stuff thats due. I need seats. Mine are torn up. Tacoma stuff is much more expensive , and hard to find.

Attachments

·
Read Only
819 Posts
Well you have come a long way. You have got lots of the detail stuff down. I like the red conduit. I have that on my Mustang. Three years no Fading. My Tacoma has blue conduit. I like color , and its all faded. Tomorrow Im moving my trucks bed so I can get at the fuel tank. Getting back into my truck. Re doing lots of stuff thats due. I need seats. Mine are torn up. Tacoma stuff is much more expensive , and hard to find.
Yes the Tacoma stuff is hard to find and expensive and here are a few more pics under the hood of my Tacoma.

Mad Maxx 01 Tacoma 9 Components.jpg

Clutch Masters Twin Disc - 1.jpg

Clutch Masters Lightweight Flywheel - 1.jpg

Chromoly Rods - 1.jpg

CP Forged Pistons 2-2.jpg

·
Registered
214 Posts
How heavy is the bed ? A one person slide? I need to go back in because something happened to my meter and Im not going thru that again.

Peeps do it either by raising the front of the bed
as in this link

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/aem-320-lph-fuel-pump-install-works-for-oem-replacement.450851/

Or raising the driver's side. I've used this method as in the link below (this link is actually more complicated than it should be) ...lifting off the bed is not necessary
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/1999-tacoma-fuel-pump-replacement.387911/

Basically from what I recall
Loosen all (six?) bed mounting bolts, Remove the ones on the driver's side
remove LH taillight and disconnect taillight harness so it doesn't get stretched
Remove fuel filler surround and fuel filler mounting bolt

Then jack up one side of the bed with a scissor jack or a floor jack and piece of lumber..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks Zip......For the record from a standard pump to the 225 makes my truck smoother and more powerful. Going onto the highway it did not go to good on the downshift. Now it goes. Also I did not see that the high pressure short flexible hose was kinked , and I thought I was in trouble. Caught it the next day and really good now. Glad to be back to Custom Tacos.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts