Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Why do you have to post on someone elses thread about all this though? You just bring negatives to his for sale thread? Most people can not tig weld aluminum or even fab for that matter. Most people are building these trucks out of there garage with common hand tools. So these are next to impossible to make for them. He is offering a service to those interested. If your not interested because you can build one better cheaper so be it. I could build one as well since I fab some crazy stuff much more intense then this for offroad but time is money. i would rather spend 600 bux and work on the important stuff then worry about this little thing. spend 600 here and prolly another 100-150 less in material and powder coating and metal and performance. Its a mod. Take it as it is it helps a bunch in all of the turbo setup. I still think 600 is reasonable. Remember now a days welders make 60-75 an hour. if you add up what it would cost it makes sense. 2 hours welding 150 bux. laser cut or cnc throttle body plate 75 bux each. tube online that I found 139.00. prep and machine work another 60 an hour. about 3 hours prep and machine 180 bux. Try to make a few bux. Advertise it is time taking pics and setting it all up.Prototype on his own vehicle or someone elses, gotta make that money back. Alot to deal with on this stuff. Not just throw some scrap metal together and go. Make another thread and add all your time and material and everything with accurate times and lets see where you come out total cost. Sound good? Just leave his thread be its not hurting you to stay away from this. Personally this manifold was one of my favorite upgrades on my truck kit. cleaned everythign up sooooo much and cut back on the lag I had as well pretty drastic difference.

well i had no intention of jacking the thread. Never said i had any intention of trying to market a better manifold. And be honest with yourself there is not that much involved as far as set up time laser cut this that whatever. Yes not many can weld aluminum. but the way i see it is i would rather sell at a slightly lower price and sell ten and make more money then sell one.

·
BOOSTPIMP
12,867 Posts
i think he was talkin about [email protected]
I was but the whole point is to you it may be simple but to most that would buy this sort of part it cant be made real quick. But there are different businees people out there. Some want to make one and make 200 bux from it. and some want to make 5 and make 40 bux each one. Me myself I would rather make one and make the 200. If these were 400 bux each would 50 people buy them or even two? NOT ON CT.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I was but the whole point is to you it may be simple but to most that would buy this sort of part it cant be made real quick. But there are different businees people out there. Some want to make one and make 200 bux from it. and some want to make 5 and make 40 bux each one. Me myself I would rather make one and make the 200. If these were 400 bux each would 50 people buy them or even two? NOT ON CT.

well i'll keep that in mind and instead of trying to save you guys some money i'll do my best to burn ya. as you can see from the group buy i have going just because everyone was looking for a truetrac i called a wholesaler that i deal with and got them below dealer pricing and added $5 to cover the paperwork. Why? because i see it as no sweat off my back. if i know that i could make ten of those things at the same time in the same amount of time which you could then why not pass on the savings you're right you could make one item and thats that but where do you go from there i guess i look at it as from a business standpoint. not a make it in my garage and sell it to my neighbors standpoint. Sorry

·
BOOSTPIMP
12,867 Posts
well i'll keep that in mind and instead of trying to save you guys some money i'll do my best to burn ya. as you can see from the group buy i have going just because everyone was looking for a truetrac i called a wholesaler that i deal with and got them below dealer pricing and added $5 to cover the paperwork. Why? because i see it as no sweat off my back. if i know that i could make ten of those things at the same time in the same amount of time which you could then why not pass on the savings you're right you could make one item and thats that but where do you go from there i guess i look at it as from a business standpoint. not a make it in my garage and sell it to my neighbors standpoint. Sorry
Another person that hasnt been around CT long enough to see what im talking about. Look WAAAAYYYYYY back in the days. Look in the for sale section under group buy. Look up my name. I have done over 20-30 grooup buys of a wrecking yard i know the owner of. I gave everyone the price he gave me making not even that 5 bux since paperwork is free HAHA. This is what i mean by CT going down hill. People like you trying to be right and make your point at anothers expense and feel cuz your helping in a group by that makes up for it. Bump for a good intake manifold it works great and a great addition even taking off the power steering and gaining that extra 5HP from the pulley not being driven.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
man, I didn't know trying to sell a manifold would involve so much talk. I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, but some people take it a little too far. If you don't like the manifold or think its too expensive, thats fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If I don't like the price I shop around, if I don't like the product I simply don't buy it. I'm not here to rag on anyone's product in return I would expect the same courtesy in return.

So that being said, lets try this again.

I build manifolds. I can make one that fits around power steering (I have a power steering truck available for mockup) obviously it would be different than the one pictured. I make flanges so if u have a different throttle body I can make it fit. I also make fuel rails. If you want billet flanges and different runners I make those as well -just expect the price to reflect.

These are all custom products and are tailored to the customers needs.
Unfortunately these aren't chevy 350's we're building - u can't go to the autoparts and pickup a performance manifold.

I think I'm a fairly easy going guy and I do what I can.

If u have any q's don't hesitate to pm me.

And thanks, to those who try to make CT a better site.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Turbo toyo PM sent. and pimpin tacoma ya paperwork does cost money i don't work at my shop i have employees that do it for me i have an entirely different job the shop's mainly a tax write off i guess i could not charge the $5 AND JUST CHARGE THE 8% SALES TAX so ya HAHA whatever....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is anyone still interested in a forward facing intake manifold for the 2rz/3rz. I custom make them to fit your throttlebody. I also make fuel rails with -6 or -8 fitiings to fit stock injectors or any other. Let me know if your interested. 600.00 for the mani +core 150.00 for the rail.
I'm interesting in a forward facing intake manifold for my 2RZ. is going to be installed in a Corolla 1978.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,980 Posts
I'm interesting in a forward facing intake manifold for my 2RZ. is going to be installed in a Corolla 1978.
Turbo_toyo_pickup hasn't visited CT in almost 8 years. You might try sending him a private message (click on his username; select "Start a Conversation") to see if that prompts him to reply.

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Turbo_toyo_pickup hasn't visited CT in almost 8 years. You might try sending him a private message (click on his username; select "Start a Conversation") to see if that prompts him to reply.
Randy, check my email to connected to this account. It's Chris, and I'm trying to log back in. Send me email please.

Thanks,
Chris (voodootrip)

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,980 Posts
You've got mail.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts