Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone still interested in a forward facing intake manifold for the 2rz/3rz. I custom make them to fit your throttlebody. I also make fuel rails with -6 or -8 fitiings to fit stock injectors or any other. Let me know if your interested. 600.00 for the mani +core 150.00 for the rail.

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
well i am sure you can, but not with that design. you'll need to re-design it and use a truck with power steering for mock-up. cause u'r WAY off base with that design. and the stock throtlebody has the idle-air control valve on the same side of it as would mount towards the power steering resivoir so your intake would need to look completely different to manage to clear it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
you might aught to put a disclaimer at the bottom of your post sayin, will not clear power steering pump and resivoir cause if somebody does buy one and wanted to keep their power steering, well they might not be too happy.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Great Manifold! I'm extremelly happy with mine!!!! Awsome quality, and very helpful.

Highly recommend his product; and I don't recommend many!

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
We don't need no stinking power steering !

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
We don't need no stinking power steering !
I've been thinking about this... I've driven my dad's sentra (no power steering) and I do with it ok... it can be a pain sometimes like parking... will it be a lot of difference from my tacoma? I mean, my dad says that because it was designed for power steering it will feel like a lot harder than the car... this true?

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I would buy one to save me the fab time, don't get much time for my stuff with my work, but i can't see paying that much when it's the factory runners, flange and just a new plenum added on? might be $150 in materials + the factory intake (which is supplied by the buyer). just my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I've been thinking about this... I've driven my dad's sentra (no power steering) and I do with it ok... it can be a pain sometimes like parking... will it be a lot of difference from my tacoma? I mean, my dad says that because it was designed for power steering it will feel like a lot harder than the car... this true?

get a non power rack. don't see why you don't want it? whats the point of not having it if its a daily driver? i don't think the hp increase would be worth dealing with it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
yes since your truck was designed for power steering its prolly gonna be a pain to steer without it.

DMP if u want me to i'll start production on mine, new runners, velocity stacks, (venturi) clears power steering, can be made to mate any throttlebody. i made a jig after i built mine and i can pop one out in about 20 hours. there is ALOT more fab work in mine and its well worth it. mine flows 315CFM/runner and gave me a 40whp gain. mine with a 76mm throttlebody will easily support 800hp and with the stock throttlebody can easily flow enough for 600hp

P.S. sorry for the thread jack

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
a lowered taco without power steering isnt that bad my friend has no [power steering on his 98 and it feels good

·
BOOSTPIMP
12,867 Posts
I would buy one to save me the fab time, don't get much time for my stuff with my work, but i can't see paying that much when it's the factory runners, flange and just a new plenum added on? might be $150 in materials + the factory intake (which is supplied by the buyer). just my thoughts.
Then dont buy it. Another CT retarded for sale thread. Cant people just sell stuff anymore? Are you saying that the stock intake runners are waaaaay smaller then the head ports? NOPE. So why is this intake manifold not worth it? Have you seen the piping on a turbo kit? A huge U turn right on top of the exhaust and valve cover. You can lose about 2 feet if not more of intercooler piping. This makes a huge difference in clean looking and better flow. I recomend this to any turbo truck. Makes things a whole lot nicer and cleaner. Power steeering well I have ran without it or over 4 years on the turbo truck with 245/40/18 tires all around and its not bad. Oh yeah someone said run a non power steering rack. Well there isnt a tacoma bolt on one so no deal. Back to the thread. This is well worth the money just for looks and it also adds to performance as well.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Then dont buy it. Another CT retarded for sale thread. Cant people just sell stuff anymore? Are you saying that the stock intake runners are waaaaay smaller then the head ports? NOPE. So why is this intake manifold not worth it? Have you seen the piping on a turbo kit? A huge U turn right on top of the exhaust and valve cover. You can lose about 2 feet if not more of intercooler piping. This makes a huge difference in clean looking and better flow. I recomend this to any turbo truck. Makes things a whole lot nicer and cleaner. Power steeering well I have ran without it or over 4 years on the turbo truck with 245/40/18 tires all around and its not bad. Oh yeah someone said run a non power steering rack. Well there isnt a tacoma bolt on one so no deal. Back to the thread. This is well worth the money just for looks and it also adds to performance as well.
No i wasn't saying anything about the stock runners except there's a lot less labor involved in cutting the stock one and flipping it than making new ones. Plus less materials cost. full fabed ones go for that price thats all man. wasn't knocking it at all just thought it was a little over priced.

and for the have i seen a turbo truck? Ya sure have drove one to work this morning.
and you're right there isn't a direct bolt on rack but you're in this deep already the mustang II is awfully close. Why not spend some of those fab skills making it fit? and only $100

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Well said Jerry. This amazes me; can't belive the disregard for other members; One guy wants to totaly jack this thread with his own Manifold, LOL amazing!!! All he did was post and ask if anyone was still interested in buying his awsome Manifold, and now it's come down to this. This site is going to shi^t faster then I can belive....

Bump for a great guy and a killer product!

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Hey first of all i didn't say there was anything wrong with the intake... I was considering buying one until i looked into the cost of materials to build one. Just that i can't see paying that much for it when you take account for cost of building it what the H#LL is wrong with that.

·
BOOSTPIMP
12,867 Posts
Hey first of all i didn't say there was anything wrong with the intake... I was considering buying one until i looked into the cost of materials to build one. Just that i can't see paying that much for it when you take account for cost of building it what the H#LL is wrong with that.
Why do you have to post on someone elses thread about all this though? You just bring negatives to his for sale thread? Most people can not tig weld aluminum or even fab for that matter. Most people are building these trucks out of there garage with common hand tools. So these are next to impossible to make for them. He is offering a service to those interested. If your not interested because you can build one better cheaper so be it. I could build one as well since I fab some crazy stuff much more intense then this for offroad but time is money. i would rather spend 600 bux and work on the important stuff then worry about this little thing. spend 600 here and prolly another 100-150 less in material and powder coating and metal and performance. Its a mod. Take it as it is it helps a bunch in all of the turbo setup. I still think 600 is reasonable. Remember now a days welders make 60-75 an hour. if you add up what it would cost it makes sense. 2 hours welding 150 bux. laser cut or cnc throttle body plate 75 bux each. tube online that I found 139.00. prep and machine work another 60 an hour. about 3 hours prep and machine 180 bux. Try to make a few bux. Advertise it is time taking pics and setting it all up.Prototype on his own vehicle or someone elses, gotta make that money back. Alot to deal with on this stuff. Not just throw some scrap metal together and go. Make another thread and add all your time and material and everything with accurate times and lets see where you come out total cost. Sound good? Just leave his thread be its not hurting you to stay away from this. Personally this manifold was one of my favorite upgrades on my truck kit. cleaned everythign up sooooo much and cut back on the lag I had as well pretty drastic difference.

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
The only point is why would somone mention it- not having first hand experience with his product, and common courtesy says if you're not interested in buying, or looking for spec information says that your should as in the form of a PM... but that's just me... I like the product, and 600 is the average prive for somthing like this... tell me this OP (original poster) do you have a kit already for the 8 port 2rz? if so PM me, so can discuss what needs to be done...

·
BOOSTPIMP
12,867 Posts
It's not nice to jack the thread, but he should say that you lose power steering with this manifold, as with my truck, i couldnt live without power steering...
But on another note if you dont know what your buying then maybe you didnt think this out very well. To clear the power steering you would have to go above through the hood or around it which would make piping a mess to run. Anyone that wants this has to know some of this stuff. Either way everyone knows now its just there is better ways to say it without destroying a thread.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts