Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey for the winter time, with the snow and ice and road salts and all, i have two questions for you all-
1. Do you guys consider taking your alloys off so the salt on the road will not hurt them?
2. Considering how light the rear end of this truck is, do you put any extra weight in the rear, like sandbags? if so, how much weight? thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hmmm....it snowed here about a week ago and the roads were pretty icy. I threw 4 bags of topsoil (40lbs. each) in the back to keep the back firm on the ground. it worked but i would still lose traction on sharp turns. why topsoil you ask? the bags are cheap! $.98 per bag and you can use them in the spring for the lawn if you're doing yard work. as for the rims...i'm still rolling on stock rims and tires...but it makes sense to do that if you don't want to ruin your rims, right? i would...just in case.

·
il padrino
5,165 Posts
Considering I'll be moving out to KY from CA in about a month, I'll be putting my stock wheels and tires back on while there is snow on the ground. If anything, just for a little better grip.

·
Good Fuel Mileage Truck
1,416 Posts
I was sure that I was the only one that did that. Glad to see there is other sav vy minded people in this world.
2 Bags of topsoil work pretty good for weight at the track too. Both as close to the tailgate as possible, one placed on the drivewheel side and one placed in the middle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts