Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· www.LiquidAss.com
3,351 Posts
Focal has Access, Polyglass, K2 Power (I think these used to be the PolyKev's) and Utopia Be ($$$$$$)

On another note...
I listened to some of the older Utopias when they were just Utopia (w/o Be), and those and the PolyKevs were so close in sound but not price. that is why they went all out now with the Utopia Be.

My personal opinion was that I doubt I would have been pleased, so I went with Morel Hybrid Ovations in my other truck, and in the Taco, I stepped it up a notch and went with Morel Elate's.

There are/were two Morel companies. One is www.RenAudio.com now... that was the USA Morel named company. This is the Morel stuff I have (from Israel)
Morel and Macrom did have something to do with each other at one point... I don't know if it was Morel USA or Morel Israel. Macroms EXTreme line is some nice stuff. I would have loved to get my hands on some stuff, but it was a PITA. Dynaudio was a lot easier to get (I have a Dynaudio home theater setup) and I almost got the System 360, but too many people have it, so I went with the Morel Elates.

You can get the Rainbow Refrence series if you have some dough lying around. This site can get them for you http://www.speedsound.com/manuf.asp?manuf=58.

He also carries PHASS, even though it is not visibly listed on his site. I always wanted to hear their AlNiCo series components.

P.S. don't sell yourself short by being set on the Focal brand.

· Registered
19 Posts
I have an '05 DC and have a set of Focal K2P speakers in the front. They sound fantastic, but I should warn you ....I made my own speaker adaptors from 3/4" MDF, and when I mounted the K2P speakers in the front doors, my window cleared by only 1/8" when I lowered it. Better take some measurements before you buy those speakers, or before you make adaptors. Those K2P magnets are huge.

BH69

· www.LiquidAss.com
3,351 Posts
caesar said:
THANX GUYS :waytogo: I'M GOING 2 GO 4 IT....FOCAL SPEAKERS/BASS AND HIFONICS AMPS.....SOUNDS GOOD HUH?....:evil: .

THANX AGAIN....:waytogo:

:doah: It's your money man. :brickknoc
If you're gonna get Hifonics amps, may as well get one of the two LOWEST/CHEAPEST lines on Focal. Otherwise... it's money down the drain. http://www.maxxsonics.com/

Are you a "brand" guy?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.