Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fyi mapquest wants me to head so on 95 till i get to jax and the send me west on route 10 then south on 75 all the way in.....which i have done before, but i usually go 95 so to i4 to 75...

anybody wanna throw any in put on which way i should go....

mileage almost seems the same:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

·
slow poke
3,098 Posts
I think using I-10 to come west and avoiding I-4 is a good idea. I-4 traffic isn't very predictable, and it can take over 3hrs to go about 100mi on that damn road.

Having said that, i've never had to travel down that route before -- so someone else might have some better insight :)

·
Bill Gates Mod
910 Posts
Having driven from Tampa to New York countless times, I can assue you It is best to take I-95 South to Jacksonville, take the beltway at Jacksonville towards I-10 West. At Lake City (I think its Lake CIty) get on I-75 South and get off at Hooters!!!!!

DO NOT TAKE 301 DO NOT WHATEVER YOU DO TAKE 301!!!!!!

It is the slowest road on the planet, there are speed traps EVERYWHERE!!!! and the cops are ninjas....yes ninjas. I took it ONCE, saw at least a dozen cops, and they were ninjas while clocking people. They were parked in unmarked cars at ford dealers that backup to the street. So you have a bunch of crown vics at the dealer, with unmarked cops mixed in with them, waiting to pull out and ticket you.

I-75 is all college kids driving to and from home, so plan on doing around 90 to "keep up" with traffic...:waytogo: :waytogo:

·
slow poke
3,098 Posts
xmadcowx said:

It is the slowest road on the planet, there are speed traps EVERYWHERE!!!! and the cops are ninjas....yes ninjas. I took it ONCE, saw at least a dozen cops, and they were ninjas while clocking people. They were parked in unmarked cars at ford dealers that backup to the street. So you have a bunch of crown vics at the dealer, with unmarked cops mixed in with them, waiting to pull out and ticket you.
OGC hax. like wallhax and aimbot. ninja cops :doah: :(

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
xmadcowx said:
Having driven from Tampa to New York countless times, I can assue you It is best to take I-95 South to Jacksonville, take the beltway at Jacksonville towards I-10 West. At Lake City (I think its Lake CIty) get on I-75 South and get off at Hooters!!!!!

I-75 is all college kids driving to and from home, so plan on doing around 90 to "keep up" with traffic...:waytogo: :waytogo:
I'll vouch for this......I live in Starke and it's just like he says! However, be careful also in Lake City when you get on I-75......coppers love to hide behind overpasses and clock you as you pass....so beware....

301 is for people who have time to waste....literally....

·
Flying Low
3,510 Posts
When I drive up to Jacksonville to see family I ALWAYS take 75 up to just after Ocala and hop onto 301... there are three towns on 301 that have speed traps (Lawtey, Starke, & Waldo) but they are the only places you need to slow down. the rest of 301 is wide-open throttle.

If you don't mind I-4 traffic then I'd suggest going that route just because it's easier... but personally, I can't stand I-4 :doah:

-ComaJoe

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IT DOES WANNA SEND ME DOWN TO 301 but you guys said that is a BAD idea......so
i 10 goes to lake city and goes to i 75 right??

i 4 is unpredictable and took a long ass time last time cuz we were driving thru rush hour traffic at like 3 oclock dwntwn orlando....:brickknoc

i 10 and i 75 pretty smooth....any major construction ?????

i cringe at signs that say things like "rough road" and "bump"

the sound of rocks being sprayed at you from the cars in front of me makes me :cussing:

·
Bill Gates Mod
910 Posts
I-75 just got a fresh coat of pavement at gainsville last year.

I-10 and I-75 smooth sailin...trust me, its the only way to do it.

·
Flying Low
3,510 Posts
this, IMO, is the best route...

you don't have to worry about the speed traps anymore because when you're about to enter one they post the speed limit sign 2-3 times and they have huge yellow signs attached that say SPEED STRICTLY ENFORCED... so if you see those, just slow down until you're out of that town and then you're fine. Waldo is the worst of the 3 towns btw. :waytogo:

-ComaJoe

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
ComaJoe said:
this, IMO, is the best route...

you don't have to worry about the speed traps anymore because when you're about to enter one they post the speed limit sign 2-3 times and they have huge yellow signs attached that say SPEED STRICTLY ENFORCED... so if you see those, just slow down until you're out of that town and then you're fine. Waldo is the worst of the 3 towns btw. :waytogo:

-ComaJoe
joe's right on this....however, there are a few towns (lawtey, hawthorne) that have a few red lights which will slow you down a bit. then you got citra before ocala which slows you down.....

when i went south for the tampa meet a while back I went down 301 to ocala (just as joe suggests) and it wasn't too bad. better than going to g'ville then going south.

from jax to lake city is 60 miles.....(ask keith (willis) about this).

·
Flying Low
3,510 Posts
here's a PDF with the route info:

http://www.comajoe.com/images/maps/95to75.pdf

03TacoPre said:
joe's right on this....however, there are a few towns (lawtey, hawthorne) that have a few red lights which will slow you down a bit. then you got citra before ocala which slows you down.....

when i went south for the tampa meet a while back I went down 301 to ocala (just as joe suggests) and it wasn't too bad. better than going to g'ville then going south.
there aren't many lights and they won't hold him up much at all because traffic won't be bad at the time of day he's going through there :waytogo:

-ComaJoe

·
www.LiquidAss.com
3,345 Posts
03TacoPre said:
joe's right on this....however, there are a few towns (lawtey.

Lawtey. :puke:

Stupid town and it's speed limits going from 45 to 35 to 25 back to 35 to 45 and back and forth. A speed trap heaven.

SO many cops on the road just waiting when I drove through there.

·
[]D [] []D
22,705 Posts
JEEEEEEEEESUS christ the guy just wants to get to fkn slamfest and roundem up and here you honky florida boys are circle jerkin for what cops are gonna bend you over with speed traps :lol:

ROUNDEM' UP!

·
Bill Gates Mod
910 Posts
Thats why I said take 10 to 75...and your DONE. No traffic...no stoplights...no bs..just cruise control and tunes.

·
slow poke
3,098 Posts
lol 300postsz0r round'm up.

Joe wants dan to take 301.. ryan says ninja cops live on 301... joes truck is black...ninja...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts