Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided to make use of my extra free time during this shelter in place and got myself a DJM 3/4 kit, energy polyurethane suspension kit for the rear end, swapped out to 01-04 leaf spring shackles to make them work and removed the Daystar leveling kit up front. I already had pre-runner rear leaf springs installed on the rear, that was before I knew there was such a huge difference between models.

I also decided to polish the headlights using a kit from Cerakote, seemed to work pretty well and I would recommend it. I only regret not taking before and after pictures.

I did have a pretty good taco lean while, so while I was at it, I swapped the front and rear springs from the driver side to the passenger side and that seemed to help a little a good amount.

This also took me way longer to do then it should have, but overall I'm pretty pleased.

Once I get my seatbelts back from getting new webbing installed, I'll get aligned and a proper break in.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
That's an out-STAND-ing and informative write-up!

Thanks for taking the time to create and post it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks good! If you can find a rear sway bar it helped my truck a lot!

Curious to see how the new webbing is as well, mine are tearing really bad.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good! If you can find a rear sway bar it helped my truck a lot!

Curious to see how the new webbing is as well, mine are drawing really bad.
With everything going on, shipping had been taking forever to get the repair place. Once I get them back and have a first hand look, I'll let you know where I sent them.

The best thing I'm looking at is getting the hellwig rear sway bar. But for now I still can't wait to drive it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts