Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a flex fan be better than a clutch fan? Will a flex fan extend miliage, give less resistance, and be cooler for the engine?

·
Registered
89 Posts
yes, i believe it will ...i just ordered one from lcengineering . They will most likley be shipping it out by next week when i get it i will plan on a dyno test (time for another anyway) i will let you know, however for 65.00 buck you cant go wrong .

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a freind here in chandler AZ that has a dyno , hence it is free . As far as what he would charge a stranger, it would be about 75 bucks for a base line test thoughout the power band .

·
Registered
73 Posts
Flex fans are another myth... it takes power to bend those flex blades flat... Best bet is an electric fan... THAT will give you back some HP.

·
Registered
89 Posts
for the most part you are correct, however the flex fan is lighter less bulk to spin and the clutch fan took more power from the truck... as soon as i can find a electric fan for my 96 taco i would love to install it asap .

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
I bought a Hayden electric fan from Pep Boys. It works great. It doesn't have to be made just for your truck. They are made to fit anything. In the new Minitruckin, Flex-a-lite makes a dual electric fan for the tacoma.

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
March issue. Just got mine in the mail yesterday. You can buy a switch with it, some may come with it. It comes on at a certain temp. I wired mine to a switch so I can turn it on/off when I want.

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
Bought the Hayden fan at Pep Boys. They also have the relay harness that goes into the radiator so the fan is automatic. I bought the 14" fan. The 16" one was another $50. Not sure where to buy the Flex-a-lite. I know they have a web site.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts