Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been more than 7 months since I replaced my clutch/ pressure plate, and the Fidanza flywheel. (like many of you already know, the Fidanza I had didn't fit)....and let's not start bashing !!!!
Today, after 7 long months I re-installed a brand new flywheel (LCengineering)....a brand new pressure plate with double diaphragm (thanks to Robin at Superior Clutch, the pressure plate is SUPPPER balanced)...and a brand new 8 puck sprung kevlar/ copper.
The installation went smooth (even though the tranny is NOT exactly light....:eek: )...and after the installation was done; I took it for a spin:
WHAT A DIFFERENCE ! The lighter flywheel (I think it's around 9 lbs, vs. the stock OEM's 26lbs or so)....the truck accelerate faster, smoother...but most of all, when I drop the gas, and the car decellerate, the tranny is firm, and it does not rattle one bit, and every single shifting is super smooth...;)
I recall this type of performance but it was just too annoying with all the rattling.
Anyway, I just wanted to share.

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
Well that's good... what's next on the motor? are you gonna go high comp, and build head, so you can go beyond the rev limiter? or are you just planning on being the quickest to 5750???

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Bout damn time you're HAPPY with something... Sheesh...

As for your truck... You have one of the gheyest trucks on this site... Why? Cause you can't ever sit no one in shotgun to feel what you're talking about... Seriously, get a second seat for meets man :lol:

See you on the 9th man...

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
KAuss said:
Bout damn time you're HAPPY with something... Sheesh...

As for your truck... You have one of the gheyest trucks on this site... Why? Cause you can't ever sit no one in shotgun to feel what you're talking about... Seriously, get a second seat for meets man :lol:

See you on the 9th man...
Damn, you're right ! I always complain...like a fvcking little boy ! I'm never satisfied....:lol: .
Yeah I know, I HAVE to get a seat. Tonight for example I have a date...:doah: ...what am I gonna tell her ?...Good thing she drive a 2nd. Gen. Civic...:headbang: 'ol skool...:waytogo: ....we'll see...
I tell you what KAuss, when you guys come down on the 11th. I'll let you drive my truck...how 'bout that ?

Alfred, DEFINITELY high comp (and when I mean high, I mean HIGH :evil: )...4 stage port-polish head, a couple of BIG ass cams. I'll be happy if I can reach 7K RPM. Custom manifold...other few tricks, and a Burns exhaust....that should do it (for now).
Maybe later on down the road, a slick dry sump....

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
rx-runner said:
congrats man, gald you got a new one, i hope we all dont deal with fidanza

:waytogo:
I never said Fidanza is sh!t. I'm PRETTY positive they know their sh!t !
I just had to deal with so many freaking problems :confused: . I was really frustrated, and I needed the truck to go to work (as I didn't/ don't own a second vehicle).
Someone, somewhere along the line (7 months ago) made a mistake. I'm not pointing the finger to anyone...what can I say ? You learn from your own mistakes...:eek:

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
alex then have g-force sumps that move along the pan when g forces are present... this keeps you from drying out a cylinder during high bank turns...
Oh and inorder to get beyond the rev limit- your gonna need to run a good standalone... perhaps you can use a set of cams from the new 2.4l vvti from the tC... good luck with the build up! and I'd love to check this thing out first hand! BTW I'll be getting my flywheel in late November, with ARP flywheel bolts, so get used to that setup so you can let me know what issues your having with it...

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Racer_X said:
alex then have g-force sumps that move along the pan when g forces are present... this keeps you from drying out a cylinder during high bank turns...
Oh and inorder to get beyond the rev limit- your gonna need to run a good standalone... perhaps you can use a set of cams from the new 2.4l vvti from the tC... good luck with the build up! and I'd love to check this thing out first hand! BTW I'll be getting my flywheel in late November, with ARP flywheel bolts, so get used to that setup so you can let me know what issues your having with it...
You know, ARP bolts are grade 8, much stronger than regular OEM. However, this is my second set of flywheel bolts I buy from the stealership. They're not bad. They look identical to the ARP, obviously the tensile strenght might be different...most likely....but the OEM bolts are very well crafted (for $28 I couldn't pass up).
As far as the dry sump, I know there is A LOT of work involved. The relocation of the oil pump, a remote oil resevoir, and many other things. As far as the Tc's cams...I'm not sure. Honestly I don't even know if it would work (ECU-wise)....plus the Tc only makes 160 to the crank. I'm looking at something like 272 degree duration, or possibly even higher (like 284...:evil: )...I don't know yet, I'm kinda tossing around ideas and what's available, and what would work.
As far as the ECU, I narrowed it down to either the AEM EMS, the Haltech EX-6, or the Apexi Power FC...like I said, don't know yet...
Oh, the pressure plate I just installed today, it's fvcking STIFF !!! I need two feet to press down that damn pedal...

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Firdaddy said:
sounds liek my clutch:rolleyes:
What ? The Superior Clutch ? I love it, feels strong and grab like a MOFO...;) ....and it chatters too...:D ...it chatters so much that when I do manouvers...it sounds like the whining from a S/C...:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts