Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally quite my bull****in' and got my truck lifted the next 3 inches. I LOVE the way it looks. Haven't gotten to drive it yet because we have to get it aligned. Pictures soon shall follow.:waytogo: Its a toytec with the ome coils up front, new bilsteins all the way around, and shackles in the rear.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
megadeth600606 said:
I finally quite my bull****in' and got my truck lifted the next 3 inches. I LOVE the way it looks. Haven't gotten to drive it yet because we have to get it aligned. Pictures soon shall follow.:waytogo: Its a toytec with the ome coils up front, new bilsteins all the way around, and shackles in the rear.
take the pictures and THEN tell us about :nana::nana:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys.

we got it aligned and it pulls to the left pretty badly. The guy said because once you lift it like that, you can't align it right or sometthing. Kind of pissed me off. But it drives SOOOO much better now. I was using all stock suspension components from '95. It was sooooo bouncy. Its so much better now though. I am going out to "the trails" tomorrow witha few friends on atvs so I'll realy see how this thing performs.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
looks awesome! what size tires are they in the pics?

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
firefoxtaco said:
nah, i wouldnt drive down the street without having an alignment
HAha, so after your ish settles and your out of alignment you still drive on it.

I drove like 10k miles after doing a 1.5" lift and it didnt really do much on my tires. Nothing you can see, as ive put on another 30k after that, but im sure it wore a little. But ive got 50k on my tires and they are still fine.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
The thing to remember is assuming your alignment was fine before the only thing changing is the camber. Camber being off just puts more pressure on the inside or outside of the tire what will really eat up your tires is the toe so as long as the toe is good you are OK for a few miles. I just put the toytec/OME setup on mine and I am going to wait acouple of weeks before I get an alignment.

Those STTs look sweet BTW I wish they werent so expensive.

·
Registered
600 Posts
megadeth600606 said:
we got it aligned and it pulls to the left pretty badly. The guy said because once you lift it like that, you can't align it right or sometthing.
Take it to a good alignment shop. They just suck/ or are just lazy. The shop i had align my truck the first time after my lift said the same bull**** and it pulled to the left. Then i took it to an old hot road/custom shop after i mobbed it and let it settle and they aligned my stuff and it drove straight as hell with the same lift.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts