Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
yeah... NOS will get you there... but if you want it done right- you need to build it and go forced induction!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok... now will it work if my truck is completely stock? i havnt upgaded any performance parts on it at all...

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
how many miles you got? check your compression if you got ~180 on all cylinders... then go with a direct port 75 shot wet kit... you'll love it!

·
Registered
14,485 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Go faster for cheap? Take of the tailgate, hell, take off the whole bed, passenger seat, glovebox...take off anything that doesn't involve turning the rear wheels...

Other than that, you're going to have to part with some cashish.

·
pho sho!
3,316 Posts
deckplate/eblow mod might apply, check it out in the tech section. not a whole lotta gain, but you'll probably notice a difference. also a muffler will give you a little bit too and you can have a shop put one on for around 150+/- for the whole shebang.

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Racer_X said:
how many miles you got? check your compression if you got ~180 on all cylinders... then go with a direct port 75 shot wet kit... you'll love it!
Yeah, you'll love it, until you'll run out of it....:lol: ...and find yourself, you got to re-fill the tank :( (I think in the long run...assuming someone does only the NOS upgrade, it's fairly pricey ! Honestly, go forced induction. It's expensive, but you won't shall out more $$$ after that. IF you'll build it right.
NOS costs you $400-500 (depending on the kit)...and fill up the tank $20-30 per re-fill. And you can EASILY go thru a full tank within a week, depending how much you squeeze...:D . So do your math.

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Nicator said:
Go faster for cheap? Take of the tailgate, hell, take off the whole bed, passenger seat, glovebox...take off anything that doesn't involve turning the rear wheels...

Other than that, you're going to have to part with some cashish.
THAT'S RIGHT !!!!!.....:D.....I'm wonder who did that :thinking:

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
Alex B. said:
Yeah, you'll love it, until you'll run out of it....:lol: ...and find yourself, you got to re-fill the tank :( (I think in the long run...assuming someone does only the NOS upgrade, it's fairly pricey ! Honestly, go forced induction. It's expensive, but you won't shall out more $$$ after that. IF you'll build it right.
NOS costs you $400-500 (depending on the kit)...and fill up the tank $20-30 per re-fill. And you can EASILY go thru a full tank within a week, depending how much you squeeze...:D . So do your math.
Alex have actually owned nitrous? Do you just make things up... damn... nitrous hasn't costed 30 for a fill up in years... it's about 50 bucks a tank- and he could go through a tank in an hour, easily... fact is he asked for EASY- CHEAP POWER... you can only get that in the form of nitrous!

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Lol Tru..... I Go Threw One 10lb Bottle In About 2 Weeks And I Dont Even Juice Often Im Running A 75 Wet Shot Nx Kit..... Good Power Gains For A Cheap Price Just Like Racer-x Said.... But Im Getting Tired Of Spending Money On Filling The Tank So Im Going Forced Induction.... But The Point Is Nitrous Is Good Power For Little $$$$$

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Racer_X said:
Alex have actually owned nitrous? Do you just make things up... damn... nitrous hasn't costed 30 for a fill up in years... it's about 50 bucks a tank- and he could go through a tank in an hour, easily... fact is he asked for EASY- CHEAP POWER... you can only get that in the form of nitrous!
:bow: ....you get the $30 deal at Speed Merchant in San Jose after re-fill it thru them.

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
So this shop fills a standard 10lb bottle for 30, and everywhere else does it for around 50.00- how do they stay in business...

EDIT: now I just called them, and guess what! it's 43.29 OTD for an NOS fill up, for a standard 10lb bottle... if you have a 15lb that's run about 60 or so OTD...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Racer_X said:
So this shop fills a standard 10lb bottle for 30, and everywhere else does it for around 50.00- how do they stay in business...

EDIT: now I just called them, and guess what! it's 43.29 OTD for an NOS fill up, for a standard 10lb bottle... if you have a 15lb that's run about 60 or so OTD...
You forgot to mention the Alex B. discount, didn't you...:evil:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts