Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the factory color cardinal red the same as radiant red, but with a new name? Is cardianl red from 95-00 tacos, and radiant red for 01+?

·
Registered
311 Posts
My guess is that they are different, check your information plate in the drivers door jamb, the paint code will be on it. The code is after the C/TR, it will be probably a 3 digit code like 8K8 or 3M5.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The paint code for radiant red is 3L5, I'm not sure about cardinal but Red Mica is 3N5. I will check the computer for Cardinal tormorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was told by the dealership that my Taco's color is cardinal red. Was cardinal red a color option for all 95-00 Tacoma's?

·
Registered
311 Posts
As mentioned above check your paint code. The code for Cardinal Red is 3H7, its a little darker than Radiant Red and has no metallic in it, at least the formula in the computer says so anyway. I hope this helps ;-)

·
Registered
311 Posts
If its a 2000 it probably is Horizon Blue, 1998 and 99 also had a lighter color similar to it called Bluesteel Mica.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
CASlim,

What color is your 2000 tacoma?? Mine is the same year and the same color..you know, that dark red-ish maroon? but i'm going to need to know the color so i can start getting quotes. My truck is at home in San Diego...

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Oh how nice!! Thank you so much kind sir! Much obliged!

·
Registered
311 Posts
No problem bud, if anyone has any body/paint questions I am happy to try to help, if I don't know offhand I can likely find out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts