Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine had this lift, and he experienced problems with the shock rubbing the coil. Has anyone had any experience with this? Whats the best way to fix this problem before installing the lift? What shocks will NOT rub? Ill be getting this kit SOON, and just want to get the heads up. Thanks.

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
use 1.75'' shocks instead of 2.0'' shocks. Worked for me! :waytogo:

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
yes sir! most aftermarket "performace" shocks such as ranchos, fabtechs, bilsteins are 2.0'' shocks

cheapy oem style shocks are only 1.75''

:waytogo:

·
1GTACO
636 Posts
MiniTaco said:
yes sir! most aftermarket "performace" shocks such as ranchos, fabtechs, bilsteins are 2.0'' shocks

cheapy oem style shocks are only 1.75''

:waytogo:
wouldnt call rancho "performance"...

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
dakinisbatman said:
wouldnt call rancho "performance"...
i wouldn't call fabtech performance either but hey, the box says performance on it, :lol:

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
yup, fabtech knows that their kit has issues. In fact, the shocks that comes with the kit is too short also. I went direct to aggressive suspension and they kept telling me that they were the right shocks. The shocks were actually shorter than the stock ones!!! And the bar on the bottom has been know to break also. i've broke them when I had the shocks w/ my ct kit and I know fabtaco broke them as well.

I've tryed numerious shocks with the coils and by far the best is the $15 monroe shocks you get at kragen! no joke! :waytogo:

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
is this only for the 3 inch lift or the 6 and i thought monroes where more expensive why didnt anyone tell me they are so cheap! jesus main ive been running shocks with no air in them for a while now :brickknoc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts