Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting the fabtech 3" lift spindles and also running billies at 1.75" which will be a total of almost 5 inches lift. Has anybody run the fabtechs and will i need to get new uca's or should i be fine?:confused:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
please only educated answers to my question please. no asshats. Bilsteins add 2.5" of lift as I posted earlier I've had them on my truck for over a year, you can also set them at 0" 1.75" or 2.5". Now gtfo

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
and like said above, shocks do not lift vehicles, springs do. you are confusing the amount of lift the shocks can work with for actual lift. only way to do that is with springs or spindles.

also, what year and model truck do you have?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and like said above, shocks do not lift vehicles, springs do. you are confusing the amount of lift the shocks can work with for actual lift. only way to do that is with springs or spindles.

also, what year and model truck do you have?
Nancy as I stated above, I know what I am talking about and please do not post again unless you have an answer to the question I have asked. I'm obviously going to have to make a new thread because you have stolen this one. Now to educate you, Bilstein 5100 shocks preload the springs to allow 0" of lift .85" of lift 1.75" of lift or 2.5" of lift depending on which level you set the bilsteins to. I am not going to post a link, but if you'd like to find out yourself you can google bilstein 5100's and find out for yourself. Also if you have an answer for my original questions I have 2001 DC prerunner
Thank you

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
ohh nancy, u got told! I wish my fox triples gave me lift :*( oh wait my springs already do....

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
i still stand by my statement. you're the idiot that never made mention of what you had, or even what year and model your truck was. keep making threads with no info on them, and you will get people treating you like the idiot you are.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
the funny part is i know what he is talking about but he is referring to them incorrectly and is not distinguishing between the shock and the spring.

I ran bilstein 5100's in the rear and I got no lift :( who is nancy anyways? some girl on a truck forum with 5k posts LOL.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I had Fabtech 3" lift spindles installed on my 01 and am sorry I did. All I wanted to do was lift my truck which it did but also kicked the front tires out and made them wider than the back , to even them out I had to buy spacers for the back tires and because the rear set lower than the front I had to add an add a leaf to raise it up so it would be sit level. In the end I spent all that money and still wasnt happy with the way the truck looked, beings I had just moved to Colorado traded my 01 in on my current Tacoma.

This will give you a better idea of how much wider the front was than the back after I had the Fabtech 3" lift spindles

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
nobody told you it would kick out? I think it tells you in the description. My truck looked like a frog too so dont feel bad. Now with LT it looks worse but what can you do.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i still stand by my statement. you're the idiot that never made mention of what you had, or even what year and model your truck was. keep making threads with no info on them, and you will get people treating you like the idiot you are.
Lmao im the idiot? i clearly stated what I planned my setup being and if you'd look to the left of my post you f*cking retard, it says what kind of truck I have. You stand by your statement because your the idiot, don't get butt hurt young lady its just a forum :lol:. Educate yourself a little before you make these ridiculous ill informed posts :rolleyes:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had Fabtech 3" lift spindles installed on my 01 and am sorry I did. All I wanted to do was lift my truck which it did but also kicked the front tires out and made them wider than the back , to even them out I had to buy spacers for the back tires and because the rear set lower than the front I had to add an add a leaf to raise it up so it would be sit level. In the end I spent all that money and still wasnt happy with the way the truck looked, beings I had just moved to Colorado traded my 01 in on my current Tacoma.

This will give you a better idea of how much wider the front was than the back after I had the Fabtech 3" lift spindles

Thank you bruiser for giving me an idea of how it will look and an educated post. I run wheel spacers anyways, i sort of like the wheels sticking out look, but i wont be using them anymore if i get the spindles seeing how much your tires stuck out. Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the funny part is i know what he is talking about but he is referring to them incorrectly and is not distinguishing between the shock and the spring.

I ran bilstein 5100's in the rear and I got no lift :( who is nancy anyways? some girl on a truck forum with 5k posts LOL.
uhh bilstein 5100's are shocks not springs, i obviously distinguished between the shock and spring. Why would I be referring to the rear. when you use a spindle lift its only for the front not the rear.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Lmao im the idiot? i clearly stated what I planned my setup being and if you'd look to the left of my post you f*cking retard, it says what kind of truck I have. You stand by your statement because your the idiot, don't get butt hurt young lady its just a forum :lol:. Educate yourself a little before you make these ridiculous ill informed posts :rolleyes:
at what point did you specify the shock you were using? exactly, learn to use the internet once in a while if you actually want a solid answer. as for your truck, how the hell can anyone tell what truck you have? you do realize that some parts do not fit all, right? but i guess you probably do, seeing as how your the shock expert rofl

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I would have to agree with Nancy though because shocks do not provide lift. I referred to the bilstein 5100's that i used because they were shocks and gave me no lift. Shocks provide compression and rebound control.

Now for the money question: Is your truck a 6 lug?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
at what point did you specify the shock you were using? exactly, learn to use the internet once in a while if you actually want a solid answer. as for your truck, how the hell can anyone tell what truck you have? you do realize that some parts do not fit all, right? but i guess you probably do, seeing as how your the shock expert rofl
did i not state that i will be using bilsteins. I think this young lady needs to go back to grade school and learn how to read sentences :shrug:. Also to answer tacoyota, the bilstein shocks are what allow you to achieve up to 2.5" of lift, The shock preloads the spring which lifts the front determining on what height you'd like to adjust your shock to. I was assuming everybody would already know that the bilstein 5100's dont give you lift in the rear, but i guess i assumed wrong. I guess next time i will post my questions on tacomaworld seeing as how there are to many asshats here, that dont know sh*t.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
did i not state that i will be using bilsteins. I think this young lady needs to go back to grade school and learn how to read sentences :shrug:. Also to answer tacoyota, the bilstein shocks are what allow you to achieve up to 2.5" of lift, The shock preloads the spring which lifts the front determining on what height you'd like to adjust your shock to. I was assuming everybody would already know that the bilstein 5100's dont give you lift in the rear, but i guess i assumed wrong. I guess next time i will post my questions on tacomaworld seeing as how there are to many asshats here, that dont know sh*t.
i guess the folks over at tacomaworld are better at taking a shot in the dark and telling you what you want to hear than we do. well, good luck, and if you ever want to learn how to do things the right way, feel free to post up! rofl

1 - 20 of 47 Posts