Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I am new here. I have read around quite a bit and have not seem to find the answer to my question. This Saturday i plan on getting a lift put on my 97 toyota tacoma. I am leaning towards the Fab Tech 3.5 coil over kit. and blocks in the rear.

soooo my questions is who has this kit, or has had it in the past, and how did it ride for you? handling? and driving wise?

the truck is 95% an on road truck.

the reason i am going with the fab tech is because my truck also is going to need new struts and sway bar bushings. i was gonna go with the 3 inch rev tech until i seen i was soon gonna have to replace my struts as well. sooo i thought i would just change to a kit that replaced it all....

how good is the fab tech? let me hear your opinions

thanks guys, hope your all haveing great weekends.

·
vv Scarlet Begonia vv
1,644 Posts
ive owned the Fabtech kit and wasnt too impressed. i wasnt comfortable with the performance it had offroad and the coils eventually started sagging. i ended up revalving it and selling it. since your truck is mainly driven onroad, i would recommend sway a ways. they are alot cheaper than the fabtech kit, rebuildable and ride great.
you might want to reconsider using blocks out back. some are known to shatter/break causing more problems. its your choice, but i would consider a different setup, either a shackle or an AAL.

Keep searching, you'll find what youre looking for

·
Registered
305 Posts
firefoxtaco said:
ive owned the Fabtech kit and wasnt too impressed. i wasnt comfortable with the performance it had offroad and the coils eventually started sagging. i ended up revalving it and selling it. since your truck is mainly driven onroad, i would recommend sway a ways. they are alot cheaper than the fabtech kit, rebuildable and ride great.
you might want to reconsider using blocks out back. some are known to shatter/break causing more problems. its your choice, but i would consider a different setup, either a shackle or an AAL.

X2. I had that setup on my truck a few years back and it rode horrible on road and even worse off road. When you crank them up to the 3.5 inches of lift it gets rid of all your suspension's down travel, so you feel every little bump and bounce around like crazy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
firefoxtaco said:

yea i was thinking about the aal but when asking around every one said it would ride alot stiffer and i probaly wouldnt like it.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
depends on the size of the AAL. Long one from Alcan = not a bad ride. Short one from procomp = you'll hate your life.

·
Registered
114 Posts
firefoxtaco said:

hahaha...his old saggy Fabtech coils are on my truck. :lol: ah well, beats the hell out of spacers, i like em.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts