Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I need a couple of opinions (preferably based on personal experience not an ad) What is the best exhaust system for HP increase? I hear a LOT of people talking about sound, but who cares how it sounds if it's not performing, plus I really don't need every cop within a 1/4 mile turning to look at me when I roll by. If it sounds good (low and throaty) that's nice too, but I want to get some more HP and maybe even gas milage out of an exhaust system if I'm going to throw money into it.

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
89 Posts
go to your local performance shop and get a muffler of your liking , have them install 2 3/4 pipe with a resonator then a high flow cat with a lcengineering header that with a free flow intake you should get about 30 to 35 hp with 40lb of torque . I have a adjustable back pressure racing muff.

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...What kinda cash would I be putting out for something like that?

·
Registered
89 Posts
depending on where you go ....most likly 700 bucks
however i have a freind with a crx that converted the exhaust to a performance set up after finding a hks exhaust at the junk yard for 50bucks then paid 395(more than a tacoma ) for a header then had a muffler shop install it all for about 125
600 bucks is what spent

1 - 4 of 4 Posts