Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone recommend the Magna Flow Street Series or Race Series exhaust? Or would I be better of buying some Flow Master 40 or 30 series exhaust for my 2.4?? I want something that’s going to add a good sound.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey do what i did and its totally free: just get a 1/2" drill bit and get your drill, now drill 16 holes on the bottom of the stock muffler from front to rear or vise versa.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn dude thats a phat coma! is that the street weapon front end? if it is, i was wondering how much lower the bumper sits than stock cuz i want to know if it will look dumb cuz its lower then the rest of the truck and ill if need to get skirts thanks

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
thats a blitz front...hey wiseguy....is that yer truck? i used to see it always last semester at southwestern....thats a bad ass truck...let me know what kinda mods does it have like what kinda turbo its usin

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what car was this Bliz or street fighter kit originally made for? Sentra, CRX?

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's illegal in California. You are not allowed to modify an exhaust system to make it louder. Performance upgrades are ok, as long as they do not exceed 90db's at 50 feet. As for the flomaster vs magna, Flomaster sounds louder, which I think is better, but they both have the same hp increase.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Wise Guy, why is drilling holes the "funniest sh*t" you've ever heard? Is it a bad thing to do? I know nothing about exhaust and would like to be educated.
A kid I work with drilled holes in the muffler on his GMC 1500 sierra and it sounds great. Is it bad in some way (besides legality)?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Remember when you were a little kid and put a baseball card in the spokes of your bike to make that silly a$$ sound? Same concept...all for sound and does nothing for performance, that and you will lose back pressure.

·
il padrino
5,165 Posts
My 40 series Flowmaster sounds great. The CHP didn't think so, but one took pitty on me and signed off the ticket anyway. By the way, the new law states that the the test is not to exceed 95 decibles 20 inches from the exhaust with the vehicle in nuetral between 3000 and 5000 rpms. Where they get those rpm's as "normal driving conditions" is beyond me. My normal cruise rpm is around 2500 unless accelerating. Yap, yap, yap...

·
Registered
232 Posts
hmmm....i got a duel exhaust (kinda) but i have a 2.4L. i have a single inlet/duel outlet muffler. the exhaust pipes come straight out the back, about 6 inches away from the license plate on each side. It's got that "import sound" though. It's an Aerospeed performance muffler. Not to high pitch....but not to low either. It's loud though...i'll give it that!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts