Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on occasion, which seems to be on warm or hot days, the CEL pops on and I get these codes:
P0446
P0442
P0441

So there's an issue with the evap/vac lines some where... Again, Not messing around I plan on changing/replacing all those rubber hoses on the driver's side behind the battery & fuse/relay box.
Anyway, I can't see to find the parts schematic with all the part numbers so I can order all these components.
I tried doing a simple search on RockAuto & AutoZone... can't seem to find any shaped/formed hoses.

Yes, I tried searching... all I found was empty comments and no part numbers... NO I don't want generic stuff... I want the preformed/shaped hoses and that box-module "thingy" too.

Since this line is dry-rotted, I'm thinking it's the one causing me these codes [P0446/P0442/P0441].
Two pics directly below... different views... Plus, Happy Father's Day everyone!

Motor vehicle Car Automotive exterior Automotive design Gas

Car Hood Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Vehicle

What about these lines and that "block" looking thing... Part Numbers?

White Light Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design

Same lines just different view ... Part Numbers?

Green Light Motor vehicle Yellow Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
But I replaced the evap-canister over the fuel tank back in 2018 with a Dorman version.
-
P0441 doc:
I have replaced the "purge-valve" with an OE one back in 19/20... see page DI-157 step-6 "Check Purge Valve"
Page DI-158, "Check VSV for CCV"... I was trying to find the part number for "VSV" part. What does these abbreviations stand for? I didn't see any description...
-
I figured I'd start with the dry-rotted hose but since I gotta mess with those other hoses... just do the job "up-front" one time.
Really don't want to deal with that canister again... =)
That Dorman canister was still pricy and the OE one was another $100 more.
-
Plus, I had to go back to the OE gas cap since the "key-lock" cap some how created tank pressure... always had a "hissing" sound when I start opening this cap to fuel-up... so I had to slowing release this residue pressure before simply "pulling/twisting-off" the locking cap.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did another search this morning & stumbled in this:

But I can't seem to relate this schematic to my truck [via my truck pics].

I clicked "2.4L 2wd" but the pic/schematic looks like the v6 version versus the 4cyl one...

What do you think?

Plus I couldn't find a phone # to call a reputable dealer that would help us forum members here... any suggestions?
I'm thinking I may have to call a parts department dealer to get help...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hey...
I was on vacation, at first glance, yes, this appears to have the part numbers I'm looking for.
So I used your link & ended-up calling YotaShop in Washington State.

Very knowledgeable & this is the diagram for my 2.4L based on VIN... So I'm posting up as future reference for other Tacoma owners.
Of course, toyota prices are... "pricy"... which I have no choice due to the truck's age.
Hopefully, I won't have to replace the DORMAN EVAP canister over the fuel-tank... again... and I solve my evap/CEL issue!
Font Slope Parallel Handwriting Art

1 - 5 of 5 Posts