Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am about to rebuild my 5vz motor
i am looking for the best quality parts i can find. i was thinking about LC Engineering but dont know their reputation are there any other companies out there?:shrug:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok 21 people have viewed this post ..noone knows another company?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Brendan at psiracing may have some good input for ya, give him a call.

May also want to try URD..........:shrug:

·
Premium Member
5,874 Posts
why rebuild? are you going to keep it stock? or build it up? why not just swap the engine out for a newer one with better compression and fewer miles? whats wrong with your current engine that it needs a rebuild?

cost to rebuild is usually HIGHER than it costs to swap the old engine out for a newer, lower mileage one.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i need as little "down time" as possible this is my only vehicle and need it for work... like i said i am building the engine up i want all the best parts i can find

so what i would like to do is buy another enginne,tranny and transferr case from a junk yard

install the low milage junk yard engine, trany and transferr case
rebuild my 150,000mile engine, tranny and transferr case with the best parts i can find and have a bad ass engine

HAS ANYONE HAD A BAD EXPIERENCE WITH LC ENGINEERING?

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
quite a few people... including me... however they have some good parts... and they staff can be helpful at times!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what was your bad expierence?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
OK homie :silly: , i have a 95 4runner and went threw 3 ATK 22re/s before i went with the LC 22re stroker motor and that thing was bombproof, well about the parts for your 5vz just get some titanium rods and forged pistons but go with total seal rings and bore that block over ! port / polich that head and are you running a Eaton supercharger cuz i built many of those F_U_C_K getting magnuson to rebuild something as simple as that.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i have the trd supercharger

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
h2oplaydamian said:
are you gunna rebuild it to ?
prolly yeah why?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Well it will cost you $150.00 to rebuild the m62 and it is a Eaton :shrug: every ones calles it a TRD no no it just says TRD just like my over priced STOPTEC brakes that you will need!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
where do i get a rebuild kit?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
k thanx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts