Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This maybe a silly question, but does the engine cover on the 05+ serve any real purpose? To me it looks to be purely to clean up the look of the engine bay. It even looks like they had to add the insulation to keep some of the engine heat off of it directly. I'm asking because I have an idea for a custom cover. Any insight would be awsome. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
59 Posts
it looks silly with the a big "square" covering most of the engine, but with the stock airbox it looks silly also,IMO

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Take it off and let that poor engine breath better.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The engine is just so butt ugly without it. Looks like something out of the movie alien.

Gadget

yeah so what though, you never look at the engine 90% of the time anyways. they just put it on there for looks. its safe to take it off though if thats the answer you were looking for

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the engine looks lame with or with out it... That's why I am coming up with a custom cover of some sort. Hopefully I will get something together soon and get some pics up. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2020 TRD OFFROAD
23 Posts
This maybe a silly question, but does the engine cover on the 05+ serve any real purpose? To me it looks to be purely to clean up the look of the engine bay. It even looks like they had to add the insulation to keep some of the engine heat off of it directly. I'm asking because I have an idea for a custom cover. Any insight would be awsome. Thanks in advance.
I have a 2020 and I couldn't take the boring black and this cover is to cover how ugly it is underneath so I went all out and some say to far.
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2020 TRD OFFROAD
23 Posts
I have a 2020 and I couldn't take the boring black and this cover is to cover how ugly it is underneath so I went all out and some say to far. View attachment 136008
Light Red Gas Office supplies Electric blue

The black flashes colors through the rainbow depending upon the angle otherwise it appears black.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts