Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

e-brake light turned on

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  md99taco 
#1 ·
sup guys! recently my girl noticed the ebrake light turning on and off in the taco. i was wondering if any one has had that problem and wut it could be. im hopin i can fix it myself so any help would be greatly appreciated:cool:

#5 ·
blown01-s-runner said:
ha ha ha, do you wipe your ass before you take a **** too? :looney:

i could never understand why someone would do the hard part first, instead of the easiest (and obvious) solution :brickknoc
:funnyup: hes just tryin to help lol. thanx fellas ill check the fluid when my girl gets home:clapping:

#7 ·
This may sound stupid,but in my 98 Tacoma the light comes on everytime I release the brake handle. There is a switch under the dash that the handle is supposed to deactivate. On the handle there is a tang that is supposed to push the switch in to turn off the light. Pust your handle and turn it to make sure the tang is making contact. Worth a look anyways.

#8 ·
Bignastytoyota said:
This may sound stupid,but in my 98 Tacoma the light comes on everytime I release the brake handle. There is a switch under the dash that the handle is supposed to deactivate. On the handle there is a tang that is supposed to push the switch in to turn off the light. Pust your handle and turn it to make sure the tang is making contact. Worth a look anyways.

#9 ·
:funnyup: a good dose of tang always does the trick ahaha. yeah so i topped the brake fluid today, my girl went to the gym and *drumroll* the light is off. so far so good she ll check again tomorrow cuz it also comes on when the truck is cold. thanx a sh*tload fellas:waytogo:

#11 · (Edited)
It's the fluid or most likely that the switch under the dash is not being deactivated (pushed in) when you e-brake is in the release position. It could possibly be from the worn out. I had this problem too.

-Paul :waytogo:

PS: Try using the search forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.