Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I have spent around 3000 in performance parts and I'm sitting around 280-290whp.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, that is not helpful at all.
I am trying to see what the cost is per hp, so to speak, for the above mods and still remain 100 percent emission legal.

I have tried to explain this before but always get responses like yours. Not very helpful.

NJ inspection consists of them hooking up a computer to the port under the dash and see what is what. I do not want to spend x amount of dollars to make 100+ whp and then find out I can not pass inspection. So a TRD SC or TRD type SC might be the only street legal way to make power but even then it might not be worth the money for 50 whp or what ever it makes.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Sorry....

$19.00 per 1hp

So if I'm understanding this right, all they do in NJ is hook up and scan gauge to your truck and see if your throughing any codes? If thats the case going turbo would not be a big deal, you can make it so you don't have a CEL.

And good luck with finding people with a dyno for every itemized thing they have bought.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Can you post anything up pertaining to the SC kit, turbo kit, and i/h/e along with price for each?
WHP of course.
Im with ya Coma and I understand exactly what you are asking for, I just want to see for myself. With LCE they have a good rep and I would believe the numbers they posted not so sure with a manufacturers dyno sheet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts