Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
one of those conversion things I think?

I see dually pre tacos here and there around, but never seen a stepside one..they all are fleetside I've seen, but just single cabs

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This one looked like a regular fleet side with add-on overfenders...

What tripped me out the most was the extra-extra cab extension... It's like a doublecab without the rear doors... :lol:

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,553 Posts
There were at least 2 or 3 companies that did the crew section conversions back in the old days. It was possible to order a new Toyota pickup and have the conversion done prior to delivery. These were pretty much limited to the west coast, so they're still most often seen there. The most common trade name for the conversion was 'Custom Cab'.

If you search back through the CT archives you can find more pics and info on them.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I just figured you were driving around in Pakistan or something.

I've seen those conversions before. Don't know how rare they may be. I think there is a reason for it.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Ive seen a single cab dually pretaco in Escondido a few times, but there were some "men" driving it for their landscaping business. I couldnt really see the purpose of a dually mini truck like that...the truck is too light to carry any real weight and it sure as hell cant tow that much...useless

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ah, the marvelous things one can do with a cutting torch and a welder...:lol:

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,553 Posts
Here's a YouTube video of one of these 1980's-era conversions (including interior shots) ...

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,553 Posts

Attachments

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,553 Posts

Attachments

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,553 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
U-haul used to have little box trucks based on the taco for small in-town moves. They had dually rear ends. Maybe they put a custom cab and one of those together.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts