Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I go with dropped spindles and want more than a 2" drop upfront, and use 1" lowered springs, will there be any kind of negative effects or stress on the ball joints? Please fill me in.

·
Registered
760 Posts
no one makes drop spindlel's for our taco's but there are flip kits for us. if you want just a 3" drop up front you wont need drop springs because just flipng it will give you a 3" drop. you can flip the ball joints your self for free. but say if you get the djm kit you will drop 3" retaining all fatory specs, versus no kit with a little neg camber.

<== my taco has a djm 3/4 drop on it.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have the 3/4 kit you said. Did you need to get upper control arms as well? Or are they not needed? The 3/4 kit comes with only the lower control arms, correct? + the blocks of course.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yes, Upper control arms, n a ball flip. No spindles for us yet...

·
Registered
760 Posts
the kit comes with the upper control arms not lower control arms. all it does is correct the camber for your alignment. blocks in the rear and put smaller bump stops, dont forget new shocks.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
i wanna flip my b/j...but the camber gets thrown off? to correct this i would need the uppser control arms? how much are those?>

·
Registered
282 Posts
Order from godfather customs, they have a better price than djm for some odd reason...

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am looking into getting the DJM 3/3 or 3/4 kit from godfathers. Another question, are shock extenders needed for the rear shocks? Please inform me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts