Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will after market coil overs...let's say 2.5" Camburgs work with a 6" drop bracket lift? I've seen a few people talk about it, but how does that work? Are the coil overs long enough?

·
Registered
354 Posts
My6AteUr8 said:
Will after market coil overs...let's say 2.5" Camburgs work with a 6" drop bracket lift? I've seen a few people talk about it, but how does that work? Are the coil overs long enough?
works with the TRailmaster lor procomp lift they use strut spacers.. if you want to run it with the fabtech then you need to get some custom made coilovers that are 6inch longer(they have and do make them) or get some trailmaster strut spacers and add them then the coilovers

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who makes that long of a coil-over? I want to run 9" of lift including a spacer but I want the initial 6" to be Fabtech b/c they are the only company to run a full 6" spindle. And I know my factory coils can't take the beating I give them....I've already gone thru 2 factory struts. I need something stronger. I'm not doing my lift for looks at all. Mine is going to be all performance, so I need components that can take the abuse. I have a feeling I'm leaning too much towards a SAS right now.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Fabtech gives a 6" spindle but the drop bracket is only 4" so gettin 9" with the fabtech maybe hard on the CVs and will prob eat up alot of downtravel.

·
Super Duper Tundraholic
10,196 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I install the diff. drop kit, I should be OK on the geometry for the CV's. I'll only have that set-up for a few years before I go with a full SAS.

Alright....can you give me a link for King? I did a google search and couldn't come up with anything.

Thanks ya'll.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Fabtech cannot allow enough travel for 9" of lift w/o over extending the CV causing them to blow out the joints.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So Tundra cv's should fix that....right? Aren't they longer?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone know the website for King? I can't find anything on Google.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did not know that about the 6" spindle and the 4" drop down bracket on the Fabtech lift.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Why do you need to run the long travel kit if you use Tundra C.V. axles?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
mryoyeah said:
Why do you need to run the long travel kit if you use Tundra C.V. axles?
because they are longer....your spindle is still the same distance from your diff as before. Joys of a drop bracket, keep your CV's at a decent angle.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I checked out Kings website...another question though...the different length systems....do those lengths represent the over-stock measurment? How do I find out which ones will fit my truck with the 6" Fabtech?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts