Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
xtoplinex said:
I tinted the tails with r/c Lexan tint spray, than I applied Testors clearcoat...which is fading, but I retinted the tails and gave it to my bodyshop to apply automotive clearcoat so that it matches with the rest of the body (pics 2morrow)
maybe a writeup how you tinted them exactly?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Jonathan said:
maybe a writeup how you tinted them exactly?
hmmm sure :shrug: lol

1.) Remove your taillights and Third brake light.

2.) Clean the tails and 3rd brake light with rubbing alcohol.

3.) Apply a few coats of tint spray. (I used 3)

4.) When settled, start applying clear coats (once again, 3)

5.) And here is the results...:waytogo:

BUT I DO HIGHLY SUGGEST THAT YOU USE AUTOMOTIVE CLEARCOAT INSTEAD OF THE SPRAY CAN CLEARCOAT, CAUSE IN TIME IT FADES....AND YOU DON'T WANT THAT.So what I did was I retinted the taillights 2 days ago and dropped it off at my buddies body shop where it is going to get prept for auto clear..I'll have pics 2morrow.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dakinisbatman said:
ive seen really crappy worst of the worst, but yours look good. thinkin about it, little skeptical though..
It's really easy to do.Those pics are WAY too small...here are some better pics...like I said, my tails are at the shop now and when the clear is finally dry I'll post up pics..so basically all you do is apply the tint spray on yourself than give it to a shop to apply clear.For one thing, it looks alot better than any clear you would find in a autozone..etc.

And to remind you...this is not the one with automotive clear coat.

·
Vendor
7,124 Posts
There is some company somewhere that you can send your tail lights off to that will dye them to make them as dark as you want.

The guy that I bought my Red 4Runner from had this done to his Audi RS4. You may have to do a google hunt for it, but I can tell you first hand, it turned out really nice.

Gadget

·
Registered
533 Posts
xtoplinex said:
Somebody should remake that "Defeat" poster idea using this pic. The BACK end of an X-Runner. :evil: I might just have to do it. I'll get rid of all of the other cars if I do it.

And I have to admit that chevy was really nice.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts