Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my donahoes put on last week, so I know they're new and I know they're for off-roading purposes, but when I go over speed bumps at my apartment complex slowly (less than 20mph) there is a loud clunk, thump noise up front. Anyone else have this problem? If so, how did you fix it, or is it normal? Thanks for the help.

·
Prerunner TRD
779 Posts
Make sure swaybar and all the other mounting bolts are tight. 20 MPH over speedbumps might cause some normal noise. :lol:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Duct Tape said:
Make sure swaybar and all the other mounting bolts are tight. 20 MPH over speedbumps might cause some normal noise. :lol:
I know i would cause noise, but this seemed unnormal.

·
Registered
82 Posts
2 things....

1) Did you install the spacers in the bottom of the C/O correctly? The longer spacer goes towards the front of the vehicle.

2) Did you install the sway bar relocation brackets in the right direction? The new mounting holes should be forward of the old ones.

Either one will cause the coils to slap on the swaybar if they're not installed correctly.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I bought everything and had it all installed at Demello, and I'm sure they know what they are doing, so I don't know if that's the problem.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Like the one guy said, check the hardware to ensure it's tight. If that's not it, check your ball joints or tie-rod ends. If you have done any abnormal off-roading or jumped your truck at any point, it's almost a garunteed that your ball joints are shot. I jumped my truck once (accidentally) 4 feet in the air and my ball joints and inner tie-rod ends were shot after that. An easy way to check the ball joints is to lift the wheel off the ground from the frame and try to move the wheel in any direction. If it moves, that's bad.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
My6AteUr8 said:
Like the one guy said, check the hardware to ensure it's tight. If that's not it, check your ball joints or tie-rod ends. If you have done any abnormal off-roading or jumped your truck at any point, it's almost a garunteed that your ball joints are shot. I jumped my truck once (accidentally) 4 feet in the air and my ball joints and inner tie-rod ends were shot after that. An easy way to check the ball joints is to lift the wheel off the ground from the frame and try to move the wheel in any direction. If it moves, that's bad.

I guess it all depends on what you think is normal and what is abnormal.

Check this out

Still driving with ZERO problems!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Just bring it to Demellos shop, thats what i did.
I had a "clink" noise instead of a "clunk" and the problem was actually in the rear. So i brought it to the shop and they forgot to take off some metal piece off my leaf pack. I dont know exactly what is was cause they didnt tell me cause they were busy, but they bascially took care of it:waytogo:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts