Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the deal with Downey off-road? In 1998 I was a senior in high school & drove an 86' 22r extra cab 4x4. I read Downey's catalog like it was a bible, & eventually lifted my truck with there best stuff. In 2002 I had a 2000 prerunner taco & used their bilstien coil-overs & leaf pack. I have always thought of them as the Authority for toyota suspension. Now I have an 05 prerunner & they don't even offer a suspension kit for it? What happened to them? I never hear about anyone on ct talking about them, Their web site is still the same as it was in in 2002? Have they just fallen off of the map or what? Has anyone used their products? Just wondering.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have Downey's kit on my 2006. It came with the adjustable Bilstein Coilover, aal, and Doestch rear shocks. I went with it becuase it was local and at the time Donahoe coilovers weren't in stock.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm literally like 5 minutes from their shop so I went there. Worked out good because I was able to get them to throw in the AAL and Doestch Shocks for free. The only 05+ stuff I see is under the 04 section at the very bottom of the page. Nice guys, but definitely not tech savy

http://www.downeyoff-road.com/SuspensionComponents/1995-04_Tacoma.html

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well then, I never thought to look under the 04 stuff. How do you like the coil overs? I wonder how they stack up next to all the others? I like the fact that the adjustment threads on the shock body are steel & not aluminimum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know a person in the US, CANADA or anywhere else that can hook me up with their 1984 and 1985 catalogs and even their 1983 brochure catalog for the Tercel? They made stuff for the Tercel 4WD Wagon in 1983-1985 to add more HP to the engine, dress it up and lift it. That's why it is critical I get these catalogs with original price lists if possible. I own the car in question also and want perf. parts for it. Thanks for any help.

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,259 Posts
Does anyone know a person in the US, CANADA or anywhere else that can hook me up with their 1984 and 1985 catalogs and even their 1983 brochure catalog for the Tercel? They made stuff for the Tercel 4WD Wagon in 1983-1985 to add more HP to the engine, dress it up and lift it. ...
Have you checked over at the Tercel4WD forum?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts