Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Double Cab SRunner: COLOR Discussion

NOTE: This thread is being split off from its original location:

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71596

(lobody94's Double Cab S-Runner project thread), because lobody94 already stated his DC-SR will be black and this discussion has taken on a life of its own ... - Enola

looking sweet.

Obviously you have to paint... Are you gonna go black again?

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,972 Posts
Double Cab SRunner: COLOR Discussion

potroast said:
looking sweet. Obviously you have to paint... Are you gonna go black again?
I was wondering about that myself ... :thinking:

I'd have liked to have a silver S-Runner, so I'm a bit biased toward the idea of going with the DC's silver color. That would be consistent with a 'totally sleeper' motif (i.e., no clue it's actually an SR).

On the other hand, it'd be just as cool to go back to black (or Radiant Red) and reinstall the SR badges, etc. - to make it one weird specimen of an S-Runner ...

Just my .02 ...

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Re: Double Cab SRunner

stick with black, even though its a hard color to maintain clean, but I think it will look awesome, the first 4 door srunner:waytogo:

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Enola Gaia said:
I was wondering about that myself ... :thinking:

I'd have liked to have a silver S-Runner, so I'm a bit biased toward the idea of going with the DC's silver color. That would be consistent with a 'totally sleeper' motif (i.e., no clue it's actually an SR).

On the other hand, it'd be just as cool to go back to black (or Radiant Red) and reinstall the SR badges, etc. - to make it one weird specimen of an S-Runner ...

Just my .02 ...
Well, it's a DCab srunner... which never existed. So you really can go with whatever color you want, and still be true to the idea. With the XR wheels I think it'd look badass to go with Speedway Blue. Oh man, a double cab speedway blue srunner... that'd be tits.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,972 Posts

potroast said:
Well, it's a DCab srunner... which never existed. So you really can go with whatever color you want, and still be true to the idea. With the XR wheels I think it'd look badass to go with Speedway Blue. Oh man, a double cab speedway blue srunner... that'd be tits.
A blue SR's been done (the Hawaiian SR with the wing everyone loves to hate ...), as illustrated in this thread in SR Talk:

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48399

Modified versions of those pics are attached below ....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Enola Gaia said:
A blue SR's been done (the Hawaiian SR with the wing everyone loves to hate ...), as illustrated in this thread in SR Talk:

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48399

Modified versions of those pics are attached below ....
that's not a dcab... it doesn't have xrunner wheels, that's not speedway blue, and that is extremely ugly.

I think speedway blue would look good on this dcab srunner. However, I never said it would be unique. I mean you're not really going to find a tasteful color that hasn't been done before. Just saying that a speedway blue, dcab, srunner would be hawt.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts

XRobber said:
Dude...
I dont know what the hell you are smoking, but that is bad a$$.
Take off the wing, and
I think that S is gorgeous.
exactly it looks better in person, but just take that wing off and it would look awesome.

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts

fuk everybody- the wing gives it a different look, and the only thing wrong with it is that it isn't mine!:cussing:

·
Registered
2,969 Posts

Racer_X said:
fuk everybody- the wing gives it a different look, and the only thing wrong with it is that it isn't mine!:cussing:
i think there is nothing wrong with that truck and running the wing, if he raced it on a road course. I hope I do get to start doing time attacks or what have you in the tacoma and put a wing on because i might need it then have everyone flame me haha.

·
Registered
40 Posts

potroast said:
that's not a dcab... it doesn't have xrunner wheels, that's not speedway blue, and that is extremely ugly.
Enola never mentioned that it's a dcab, has x-runner wheels, and is speedway blue. :silly:

·
Registered
564 Posts

why is everybody talking about that badass S (if you gave it different wheels and minus the wing) and not talking about how fvckin sweet the DCab is gonna be... stick with the black in my opinion and it looks as if you know what the hell you r doin... I do agree with the xr wheels though, and maybe the flares. that DCab is gonna tight as as a midgets stickyhole.:headbang: :waytogo:

·
BOOSTED
2,069 Posts

I think any color he chooses or anything he puts on this truck is going to look the best because everyone knows it is the only double cab S.

btw: that is some really nice work

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts

srunr04 said:
Enola never mentioned that it's a dcab, has x-runner wheels, and is speedway blue. :silly:
It is not speedway blue, and it does not have s-runner wheels on it... but it is the sickest looking S on this site!

Honestly, everytime that I see that truck I want to go back to having an iron-spoiler... but I'm doing something very different- which I'm sure some of you guys will be able to appreciate when it's done!

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,739 Posts

drag spoiler? ;)

Speedway blue is one of the most depressing blue's I've ever seen..

I;ve been a fan of the Honda Civic Si blue (late 90's era) and the Nissan 350Z blue.. I know they're pretty much the same, but if I were to get my truck redipped, thats the route I'd go..

Unfortinuatly I dont have a psycho ex girlfriend to get things rollin.. :)

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,972 Posts

Chris D. said:
... Speedway blue is one of the most depressing blue's I've ever seen.. ...
I agree ... I thought it was nice in some of the advance promo pics when the 2005's arrived, but it hasn't impressed me in person.

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,739 Posts

More along the lines of a semi pastel color..
Too mellow to envoke feelings of an exhilarating performance sports truck..
In my opinion.. To all of you that own a SWB truck.. If you happy with it, awesome.. I'm not doggin your purchase..
thanks

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,739 Posts

Chris D. said:
drag spoiler? ;)

Speedway blue is one of the most depressing blue's I've ever seen..

I;ve been a fan of the Honda Civic Si blue (late 90's era) and the Nissan 350Z blue.. I know they're pretty much the same, but if I were to get my truck redipped, thats the route I'd go..

Unfortinuatly I dont have a psycho ex girlfriend to get things rollin.. :)
Heres a Si Civic blue taco.. Love it!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts