Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So before I start to tear into my door, I want to know exactly what this sound is. Have a short video clip of it here...and its a lot louder in person.

It only does it when the window is all the way down. I'm guessing its the window rattling on its tracks but then again I could be way off. It does it when I shut the door, or when driving on bumpy road.

What is this, and the fix for it?

·
Waxed to Perfection
5,658 Posts
If you look on the inside edge (latch side) of the door you will see a small metric bolt head under the latch.. tighten it up.. This bolt holds the window track frame secure.. Do not over tighten, it is breakable.. And its metric 6 x 1.00mm (Part # 90901-19029)

·
Moonbeam
1,753 Posts
If you look on the inside edge (latch side) of the door you will see a small metric bolt head under the latch.. tighten it up.. This bolt holds the window track frame secure.. Do not over tighten, it is breakable.. And its metric 6 x 1.00mm (Part # 90901-19029)
x2 sounds like the window to me

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for posting this. I have a 2010 PreRunner which doesn't appear to have that bolt. Do you have any other suggestions?

I'm not completely sure that this is my problem. The best way I can describe what I'm hearing is like the door isn't closed all the way. I've checked everything I can think of and everything is tight. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
Do you mean the whole door seems to be rattling, rather than just the window glass or some component inside the door assembly?

Does the door shut tight, and is it flush with the body when closed?

It's possible for doors to work loose or get misaligned at the hinges.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you mean the whole door seems to be rattling, rather than just the window glass or some component inside the door assembly?

Does the door shut tight, and is it flush with the body when closed?

It's possible for doors to work loose or get misaligned at the hinges.
I was originally thinking it was the whole door, but now I'm pretty sure it's the window (or some component inside the door) that is rattling.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
My guess would be that something in / on the window glass's lifting frame (or whatever it's called) has worked loose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi folks -- I just bought a 2003 Tacoma, and this is one* of the problems with it. That bolt is missing, and there's something rattling in the door. I'll have to pop the door to retrieve the bolt I guess. My question is, what does this bolt attach to on the inside? Some track for the window or is it just a protrusion inside to keep the window aligned just by being in there? What's the point of this problematic bolt, exactly? It's a hand crank window, btw. Thanks.
(Bigger problem being no headlights or marker lights!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
D'oh...just saw it, but can't see how to delete the question. Never mind, and thanks, glassdoc

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
No problem. Welcome to CT, and good luck with the window track bolt.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts