Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Bake at 400 degrees or until golden brown...:lol:
jk dude I haven't had the cojones to tear into mine yet but good luck and post some pics..(there aren't any pics on here yet:thinking: )

·
Registered
344 Posts
Take your time. Wear gloves.... Ask my brother, he has no fingertips left. :headbang:
And when its done it will look so good. :waytogo:

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
I put Sylvania silver star bulbs in my head lights and fogs after blacking them out and they "almost" look like HID's. Much more light and they shine further down the road.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
NOTHING TO IT BUT TO DO IT! WHATS UP WITH ALL THE SORE FINGERS ???:shrug: DID YALL REMOVE ALL OF THE OLD GLUE?:thinking: I JUST PUT MINE BACK IN THE OVEN TO SOFTEN THE GLUE BACK UP PUSHED THEM TOGETHER AND PUT A LIL CLEAR RTV AROUND IT NEVER HAD NE MOISTURE BEEN BLACKED OUT FOR 1 YEAR!!:waytogo:

·
Registered
240 Posts
tacomaR99 said:
how the hell do you take out the 4th bolt..arrrggg hulk smash!!!
U gotta feel it with your fingers then put your socket on it. I never saw it until i got it out. I didnt put it back in either.. Couldnt get the bastard back in :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its all done!!! i'll post some pics up when i get some sun here in cloudy san diego....i messed up a lil bit but its not noticeable....and what can i use to get some adhesive of my lenses? by the way...anyone in san diego have this mod...?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sweet. Can't wait for pics. Was it as hard as you thought?

I'm doing this mod either this week or next, so I'm actually pretty curious as to how so many people are short of fingerprints now.:thinking:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it was easy...real easy... but like everyone said..be patient...very patient...i still managed to fudge it up a bit..but i can live with it..

·
Registered
22 Posts
My fiancee and I did it this past weekend...very easy. Just be very careful when getting the part that was painted back onto the clear lens. I got a few scratches, but I can live with it. Also make sure to use gloves and to clean the inside of the clear lens very well or you will be kicking yourself when you turn on your lights and see dirt/fingerprints/smudges...needless to say we did it again the following morning. A way to avoid the scratches would be to wait longer for the paint to set...we only waited around an hour. I still am very happy...such a cheap mod for the great look. Hopefully this helps someone :p.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Korova said:
Sweet. Can't wait for pics. Was it as hard as you thought?

I'm doing this mod either this week or next, so I'm actually pretty curious as to how so many people are short of fingerprints now.:thinking:

The lights are hot as hell when they come out of the oven!!!! When you are pulling then apart wear gloves that where i went wrong (the first time) when I did my brothers i wore gloves. Just take your time I not that hard!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well, my lights are in the oven right now.

I've taken the plunge, and I have the satin black paint ready to go, so wish me luck!

Soon, so very soon, my X will finally be all black.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts