Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Bicycle part Bumper Camera accessory Gas Automotive radiator part

First post here. So I did the QA1GS501-10550A coil-over conversion + Fabtech FTS4130-7 lift spindles + Doestech 75090 UCAs on my 1997 2wd 5-lug Tacoma.

I bought the conversion plates from @mjbtaco and welded them to the LCAs after some grinding and had a friend PC them. I also had some Doestech UCAs and Fabtech spindles from an auctions on eBay laying around so I used those.

The only problem that I am dealing with is that I am getting negative caster unless I shim the rearward caster/camber shim to maximum stack height. And then I only get less than a degree of positive.

Tell me if I am insane but I stacked the stock drivers UCA and Doestech UCA on top of each other and aligned them via the ball-joint mounting holes and it appears that the Doestech UCA actually decreases caster (pushing the ball joint further towards the front of the truck). I am thinking of swapping the drivers and passenger UCAs to see if that gives me positive caster again. Need input.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All good. Swapping the drivers and passengers side Doestech UCAs worked. I was able to get 4.7 / 4.8 positive caster on either side and it finally drives properly on the highway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts