Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have a set of dodge charger steelies 17x7 wheels on their tacoma 5 lug? wondering on the backspacing/offset etc...lug pattern and center bore shows it will fit and i found some on CL for the low

research shows the offset to be 21mm. would the wheels be sunk into the wheelwell with that offset?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, online search shows the bolt pattern to be 5x115mm is that an issue with fitment as well since our trucks are 5x114.3?

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,733 Posts
anybody have a set of dodge charger steelies 17x7 wheels on their tacoma 5 lug? wondering on the backspacing/offset etc...lug pattern and center bore shows it will fit and i found some on CL for the low

research shows the offset to be 21mm. would the wheels be sunk into the wheelwell with that offset?
Is that +21mm or -21mm?

Assuming it's +21mm for discussion ...

No - the wheels will not be recessed inboard with that low an offset. It will be the opposite - they'll extent farther outboard.

The offset on your OEM / factory rims is definitely greater than +21mm.

Less positive offset makes the wheel extend farther outboard.
Higher positive offset makes the wheel get recessed farther inboard.

See: 2WD / 5-LUG INFO: Wheels

If you can't locate an offset spec stamped or cast into the back side of your rim, you can easily measure it using the procedure described in the link above.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,733 Posts
also, online search shows the bolt pattern to be 5x115mm is that an issue with fitment as well since our trucks are 5x114.3?
It depends on how much clearance you have on the bolt holes versus whatever diameter bolts you'd have to use.

In any case ...

It's impossible to tell much about the Charger rims unless you specify what they are - including which generation of Charger they come from.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It depends on how much clearance you have on the bolt holes versus whatever diameter bolts you'd have to use.

In any case ...

It's impossible to tell much about the Charger rims unless you specify what they are - including which generation of Charger they come from.
the charger wheel is from a 2010 interceptor (police charger) from what i was told. and digging mopar forums, members there have said yes and no of fitment. confused...

yes, plus 21mm. ill research that thread you linked

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, this is what it looked like when i threw the 2010 charger steelies on, pokes past the fender a bit too much for my taste...and i was planning on putting 235/45’s on the wheels. hmmm maybe if i go 4x4 front fenders? but the rear is still pokin out a bit too. lucky i only got these wheels for $30 lol

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts