Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all of you who dropped with 3/4 DJM kit, what'd you guys do with your overload springs? Kept them on the ride, or pitched them? Cause mine scrape on just about anything.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Re: DJMs 3/4 Drop Kit -Where your overload springs

heheh. I tend to scrape mine alot, too. I decided to keep them because taking them out would make the rear of the truck be lower than the front. I think it would also put me under the legal height limit in VA. (14") :(

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

you serious if i pull off the overload leafs, i'd be lower then the front? Fig i'd drop me level.

·
Registered
116 Posts

though I didn't install the DJM kit, I did pull the overload leafs off, and I installed 1" blocks on my '01 S-Runner. Now it sits level, and no problems other than more axle wrap when I get on it. I'll be making some traction bars to help eliminate the axle wrap next. If you plan on hauling a large payload, keep the overload leafs, and see if flipping them over gives more clearance; mine were installed "arc down" from Toyota. Flipping them may give you another inch clearance, but may make the ride stiffer too.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts

Well, it depends on if you bought the 3/3 kit or the 3/4 kit. I've got 4" blocks in the back and my truck sits level right now. If I pull out a leaf, it'll probably make the back lower than the front.

I remember when I pulled a leaf out of my old D50, it gave me approx. 2" of drop.

·
Registered
73 Posts

LOL... I pulled by overloads also... but put them back on when I lowered it.. I put them arch up, I thought they were always like that! :) I forgot which way they were...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts