Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a first timer posting on this site. I have been reading this site for about 2 weeks now. It is really great to find other Taco lovers. Let me get to the question. I have a 2001 Taco and purchased the DJM 3/4 kit and my upper ball joint holes didn't line up so I called and they said that I have to modify the uppercontrol arm because ball joints vary in size. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Yes..and I wondered the exact same thing. If I remember correctly, one of the three holes was just a little bit different, so we just used a drill and bored it out a little. It bolted up fine and I haven't had any problems with it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think I am just about sold on the DJM 3/4 kit. It seems to be the one with the least amount of problems as far as install and use goes. My question would be, is the 4 inch block better or would 4 inch leaf springs have a nicer ride?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had that problem with mine too. I just got out my grinder and ground out the the section that the actual ball joint was hitting and then the holes lined up perfectly.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. One more question DJM said that the upper ball joint mounts on the bottm of the upper control arm. But on the instructions it says to mount on top. How did you mount the upper ball joint?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I did the ball joint flip without an upper control arm, and the alignment came right back in... I don't see why someone would buy the control arm unless they have more than 3" drop in the front...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts