Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a Diagnostic check today after a week ago My truck started to bog down and loose power if I pushed the gas in more than half way in all gears. When I start it it tries to shut off and if I try to rev it fast it'll do the same. To start it I have to easily pump the gas and once its barely idling I have to slowly rev it until it gets around 5K rpms. Then it usually runs/idles fine. But I still have no power in all gears. If I press the gas in more than half way, It starts to bog down and loose power+speed until I lift off the gas. Any ideas on what it might be? I thought it might be the fuel pump but I'm not sure. The code is P100 and P101.

·
Registered
781 Posts
bra, i had the same problem for like 2 years, HAD to:jawdrop: rev it up like there was a carba-toilet/ carburetor under the hood on every cold start. I had no codes , my mechanic buddy sprayed the maf with carb cleaner after he heard me start it one morning, bammm fixed with 5 cents of carb cleaner felt like an idot after my truck idled at 300rpm for 2 years.. dam with hot air intakes k&n can go to hell that goof oil got on my sensor

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Typo, the codes was P0100 & P0101. I'm pretty sure that's what you guys are talking about here tho. I'll try the carb cleaner and go from there.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Get aerosol electronics contact cleaner instead of carb cleaner to clean your MAF. The carb cleaner may leave a residue and hurt your MAF. Its probably a very small chance it will damage it..but a MAF is like $180...and electronics contact cleaner is only $6.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Get aerosol electronics contact cleaner instead of carb cleaner to clean your MAF. The carb cleaner may leave a residue and hurt your MAF. Its probably a very small chance it will damage it..but a MAF is like $180...and electronics contact cleaner is only $6.

wooopsroflrofl

·
Registered
281 Posts
The chance of hurting the MAF with carb cleaner is very small...but using the right stuff will guarantee that the MAF will be unharmed.

And...do not actually touch the wire sensors on the MAF. It is very delicate. Only allow the stream of the cleaner to touch the sensors. I had a buddy clean his MAF with q-tips on his ford ranger...and he ended up buying a new MAF!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts