Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody done the headlight mod a different color than black? if someone could do a photoshop of some other colors, that would be awesome! maybe white, red, blue, yellow (?), pink (to match the engine fan color!), etc, etc...

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,863 Posts
Blue (to go with Speedway Blue) has been proposed more than once before, and I *think* there's been at least 1 PhotoShop illustration of what it'd look like ...

·
Registered
205 Posts
For those of you with SWB trucks, check out headlightarmor.com for some blue film for your lights. They have a picture of a blue FJ with it on, and it looks nice.

This way there's no need to rip your headlights apart.

·
Registered
48 Posts
well, i did the headlights white on my friends white tc! it looked good so i think it would look great on the X. here are some shots. kinda like the 2005+ corvettes.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
definitely dig the white, it does look like the new vette. keep 'em comin! photoshop anyone?

btw, gon2, nice chef figurines...they look at home in the engine bay of the tc...

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
NJTacoma said:
Post whore :lol::runaway:

You going to Tocoberfest man?
its not like i made a post specifically for the number....i was just commenting on the fact that it was....makin this 1201 haha...

where and when, i assume its a weekend, which would make it impossible for me to get off of work and go.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Couldn't you get a spraycan of paint matched to your truck if you go to a car paint shop and give them the paint number for it?

I've heard of Tundra members at TS doing this for painting their bumpers and such. Sounds like the same principle would apply for the headlight mod. That would look incredible on a RR and SWB X.

·
Registered
66 Posts
gon2corea said:
well, i did the headlights white on my friends white tc! it looked good so i think it would look great on the X. here are some shots. kinda like the 2005+ corvettes.

Did you clear coat or just purchased the paint in a spray can and paint the lights?

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,863 Posts
That white-on-white mod looks great!.... :waytogo: :applause:

Then again - that application has a lot more visible 'surface area' to show off the color than is the case for the 2005+ Tacomas ... :thinking:

·
Registered
378 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
OMG that looks amazingly good. I really like the dark reflector. :waytogo: :waytogo:

How did you get and apply the paint?

·
Registered
378 Posts
i used automotive paint and sprayed it with a paint gun and i removed the lens and used nightshade on the turn signal lens,i think it turned out nice, everyone at the local dealership liked it when i went in to buy the obx pedals.thanks for the positive comments.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts