Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's what happened, it happened twice to me, the first time was around the same month last year.
i have a 2000 taco & i had it sitting for about a week i never did start it when i had it sitting. well i go to start it and it would not turn, the engine sounds like the timing cain busted? i was like dam! so i call the dealer and they had ot towed. they said the vapor canistor locked up on me and when they had the truck it started up just fine.
now the second time it happened same thing,it would not turn over. so i had it towed again and but now they dont know why it's doing this and think i just flooded my truck(fuel injected) and made me pay the towing bill.
what the heck is going on?

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Actually..I never had that happen..but while we're on the topic of weird things happening:

When I first got my truck, I was driving up the interstate at around 75mph and all of the sudden my air bag light came on!! I sat way back in my seat, hoping that the bag wouldn't deploy. That was at around 1900 miles. It happened again a little ahile after..and haven't seen it since. VERY strange. Anybody else ever have that happen?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey jeff im the guy that emailed you about the djm kit on your taco remember? and i said when is your site coming up?. i gotta say dude this is a kick a$$ site man i gotta hand it to you man great job! but no that never happened to me (airbag light) just that sound that made me think the cain was busted twice. i finally got my 3/4 djm kit we'll be installing it next weekend.

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts
Happened to me today, cruising home from work and there's the airbag light on from out of nowhere, I haven't been back out and started the truck again this evening to see if it's still on or not. I've only had this truck for a little over a month, so I don't know if it's ever done it before or not. Weird, ...hope it's nothing.

·
Registered
148 Posts
that air bag stuff doesnt happen to me but that thing when you start your taco happened to me 4 days after i bought my taco and happened agin about 2 weeks ago. its sounds like the starter is tring to catch but it doesnt wanna start. all i hear is GRIND GRIND GRIND plz tell me what is going on =)

D

·
0 Posts
One day i was doing a burnout and during it my parking brake light came on and now when i drive it comes on within the first couple minutes of driving and then stops. and my parking brake isnt on oh well i guess

D

·
0 Posts
weirdest thing that happend to me was when i was comming home from buying my taco, it blew up, yes you heard right it blew up and i died.

·
j-baby
3,644 Posts
hey if your brake lights stays on when its not fill all your fluid level compartmentsup, specially brake fluid , may b gettin low , happened to me, accept mine stayed om

1 - 13 of 13 Posts