Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ok, here's the deal. I remember a time, and I know I'm not the only one, that there was NO aftermarket for these trucks. There are still very limited options as to what accessories and parts ARE available (how long have we been waiting for a full bolt on 2.4/2.7 turbo kit?O. It seems the people who have problems with this product and it's producer are a bunch of relative newbies to CT (except for pip). You guys need to realize that everyone has to start somewhere (i.e. Beefed Taco). If he is breaking the rules by selling these and not being a "vendor" than that's one thing, but he never represented himself as a company, he stated his exact case and situation, and the story seems legitimate enough, so why jump down his throat? You guys are seriously making me think you are a bunch of bitchy nerds just waiting for someone to complain about. You make me sick. I hope you all the best customworks83, and once you make one for my truck, I'll be happy to buy one, since they look like they are of the utmost quality, and I know machining equipment costs a lot of cake. Not everyone at CustomTacos is a piece of sh*t.
This is true! Im new and there are a lot of people that seem to be on here just looking for someone to tell on! Get a life!:brickknoc

Keep doing your thing! I appreciate the work you're doing to help make peoples Tacos look badass!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Hey Jiggerman,
Thanks for the offer, but I'd need the grill as well. The grill for that generation tacomas changed a bit so I might have to do two different model emblems. I took measurements of the later style taco and I'll compare that to the previous grill. If anyone has an extra grill i'd be happy to buy it from them or borrow it and ship it back with a free emblem. The most importaint thing I need is time, time at work, 4 nights a week school (Chemistry and pre-calculus) plus homework and this on the side :runaway: . Some people just dont get it Tacomacalistud, there's a post concerning the finish on the back of my emblems
http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117486
The back of the emblem has a parabolic shape (and not flat) because I want the emblem to blend perfectly to the grill. Also, no one EVER sees the back side of the emblem once it's bolted on.
Not to ofend anyone, but do they think that the front of their center console looks as attractive as the inside?
There goes another example of people that don't know how things are made or why are things made the way they are.
Aluminum foil and duct tape? I hope he wasn't seriuos.
Sorry Degull, I simply have too much in my hands.
-Andres
I'll offer the grill too, I want a new one anyway. One to match my new devil horns. You just say when and I'll figure out how. Any help you need, you just let me know. Want to start a sweat shop, I got a 4 year old who doesn't do ish at home so a job would do her some good. You got my email address, don't hesitate to hit me up...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Thanks for everyone's support. I talked to Jeff about my situation and he sent me some links if I wanted to sign up as a vendor. I told him I don't own a company and I'm only letting guys know I have these for sale with a discount, he had no problem with that. Also, I talked to Jiggerman and he's willing to ship me his OEM grill, in return I will use it for dimensioning and send him back his grill along with a free emblem once I make them. The grill design for that generation tacoma changed in 2000 (please correct me if I'm wrong) so maybe I'll have to make 2 different designs but I pray I only have to make one that fits both. You guys can be sure that the next Devil Horns for previous generation Tacoma will be cheapper than the curent one = ). There's been a lot of talk and all but the way I look at it is I'm not going to make these forever guys. People like them and I'm offering a quality piece but even my time is not for free. This began Nvember of last year when I had an accident and I was off work for a month and a half, I even had to drop my classes for that semester. I could barely move around so with all time in my hands I came up with the design (which took me hours upon hours to perfect it). When I was all good, I made the first one and I had no intentions of making more but people asked for them. I've seen a few made before me but they were a flat pattern, not fully 3D. it takes me about 4 hours to make each (3.5 hours run time front and back) plus deburing, threading, preparing material... plus buying the material is a bit far, the time I spent on the 3D design, putting a later of clear coat, buying the right bolts and washers... it's a small unit but it takes time to make them. It all comes down that I won't be making them forever and once stop making them that's it, no more Devil Horns.
-Andres

·
Premium Member
9,445 Posts
You guys need to realize that everyone has to start somewhere (i.e. Beefed Taco). If he is breaking the rules by selling these and not being a "vendor" than that's one thing, but he never represented himself as a company, he stated his exact case and situation, and the story seems legitimate enough, so why jump down his throat?
Considering the OP sells these items on ebay, and produces them in bulk, my initial reaction to this situation was to encourage the OP to become a vendor as he is still a relative stranger to many of us here.

Beefed Taco did start somewhere and as he pointed out in his own reply here, was encouraged to become a vendor and became one.

Likewise, I invite customworks83 to become a vendor here at CT and embrace the great community that it is.

:waytogo:

that being said, y'all need to stop b1tchin at each other so the OP can get back to selling...

now, if he was a vendor, there would be no bickering allowed on his for sale threads... HINT HINT

:evil:

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
customtacos is the only site I really frequent. After humanoid brought it to my attention over on TN that they didn't want people advertising anything in their sigs, I felt that here on CT I'd better do the right thing and contact Jeff about becoming a vendor because everyone here had been letting me fly under the radar for a year. Plus, the money spent supports the site, so it's a win win. So I did the right thing and became a vendor seeing how by this time I'd had numerous products available. I never came here with the sole purpose of selling, I was just another guy sharing & giving info for over a year and at the time had a normal job in the water business. Once people saw I had the ability to lower trucks and fabricate, things got bigger for me here after that. I have helped many CT-zens out now and made many new friends in the process thanks to all the good people here. I do Taco stuff for the love of it, not the money, ask anyone who's had me work on their truck. Anyways, back to the sweet devil horned emblems. :headbang:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hey guys,
I have about 20 emblems left and l just want to get rid of them. I have more work making custom parts for cars, trucks, bickes... etc. so I'm cutting down on devil horn emblem production. I'm cutting the price down to $50.00 for each emblem shiped, I'll be gone after december 15 and won't be back for a good month, maybe more. I'll try to have the ones for 96-04 tacoma as I'm waiting on a grill, after that I'm not sure if I want to keep selling Devil Horns emblems. I had my kicks making them but like everything else they have to come to an end.
-Andres

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
:eyecrazy: let me know when you get a 96-04 emblom. i want...

lol me too... i have thought about getting one and just mounting it on the center of my tailgate tho i think it would look good :evil: the ct thing is a good idea to but most people wouldnt understand...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
Does anyone have a 1996-2004 tacoma grill I can borrow? basically I'll use it to make the devil horns emblem. as a small token of appreciation, i will ship it back with a free emblem. you have nothing to loose, only shipping charges one way and no grill for 2 weeks aprox. PM me if anyone can help me, thanks!
-Andres

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I have been having a hard time trying to make ONE emblem that will fit both grills for the first generation Tacoma (1996-1999 and 2000-2004) and I know I won't sell them in time before December 15 so here's what I propose:
Anyone that is considering buying an emblem for the first generation tacoma will have to send me an e-mail with their name, adress and quantity of emblems. I will honor a deal for that emblem to whomever sends me such e-mail AND also to anyone that has previously mention that they are interested in buying an emblem for this style truck.
Does this sound fair?
I have everything I need to make two different emblems but making one that fits both grills is what I want. I'm taking my time to do a legit job but finals are coming up as well so time is always shortened.
I'm always open to any suggestions.
[email protected]
-Andres

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,
I'm here to introduce my small product made for the latest generation Tacoma, I call it "Devil Horns". I'm a young machinist by trade and my friend Robert drives a tacoma. He asked me to fabricate something unique for his truck, so with a few rough ideas and some spare time I took on the challenge. What began as an idea was transformed into a solid aluminum work of art. Not long after that people began appreciating the quality of my work willing to buy a few more from me... so I decided to fabricate more. The price of work in a machine shop is very expensive; it's all about precision, quality and craftsmanship. The cost to make something in a machine shop runs from $45 to $75 per hour average, not here. There were previous comments that the surface finish on these emblems arent' that good... that's because it's an issue of time. I could make them very smooth and shiny, but if I take more time on these emblems I'd have to jack-up the price, it's a two-edge sword. I sell these on ebay for $62.00 plus $6.50 shipping for each emblem($68.50 total). I will sell each "Devil horns" emblems for CT members for $55.00 with shipping included, I only accept Paypal. I don't make much money really but it does help me pay my bills, books and tuition for college. I have an AS degree, 2 certificates and I'm curently working on my BS degree in mechanical engineering. I have been making custom work for cars, trucks and bikes for 3 years now and hopefully I become and engineer someday with a small machine shop on the side. I love my job, I love my education and I love what I do. The work of a machinist still amazes me, the knowlege and skills to turn a piece of metal into something totally functional is truly a gift. I have plans on making them for older style Tacoma, new Thundra and Supra. I also have some for previous generation Corolla... It was hard saying NO to my girlfriend when she asked me for one... :confused:. Feel free to ask any questions and leave any comments. Thank you for your time.
-Andres

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Devi...006QQitemZ160277181265QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

[email protected]

Girlfriend's corolla:

Thank you all.
-Andres
Andres!!!! I really want one of those for my 06 Tacoma. Hoe can I purchase one?

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,134 Posts
Member customworks83 hasn't visited CT in over 12.5 years. Your best bet is to send him a private message (PM; start a Conversation) and hope he gets an email notification someone here is attempting to contact him.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts